Is Sierra Nevada The Only Us Craft Beer In Australia?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freezkat

Reaction score
I know it's really good but are there any others available?

Founders, Left Hand, Surly, Capitol, Akita, Red Hook, Schell's, ???

Green flash and bear republic recently became available. Loads of others.

i wouldn't say the only, but definately onbe of the most widely available, or easily accessable US Crafts

Dan Murphy's near me has started distributing Magic Hat #9 Pale Ale.

warners at the bay has 2 fridges full of US beers they are all single bottles to so there is a huge range, I have not tried to many of them yet but SN is one of the better ones. Didnt realise they have a online shop Here is the link!

My local has Miller Genuine Draft.

I'm glad about that - it'd be awful if they had the non-genuine stuff.

My local has Miller Genuine Draft.

I'm glad about that - it'd be awful if they had the non-genuine stuff.

This may be in my ignorance or not realising your sarcasm but is Millers Genuine Draft really considered as a US Craft beer?

This may be in my ignorance or not realising your sarcasm but is Millers Genuine Draft really considered as a US Craft beer?

It's crafted from the finest corn, rice and malted barley and then hopped to 7.5 IBUs with a hop that has been bred to actually remove taste from the beer. Then it's filtered through 0.00002 micron filters to create alcoholic fizzy water.

It's homeopathic beer ... beer that remembers being beer.

A true masterpiece in brewing.

We think our megaswill is bad ... the craftbrewing revolution happened in America because it HAD to happen there.

We get SN, Rogue, and Brooklyn in Hobart at the moment.

wow...what was that beer in Australia ...Cub? I think they may have the same recipe as MGD

4.7% ABV

wow...what was that beer in Australia ...Cub? I think they may have the same recipe as MGD

If you mix MGD and VB together you can create a temporal shift in the space time continuum in which all beer tastes like the colour blue.

just bought a 6 pack of siera nevada torpedo extra ipa,
dont like it one little bit,

quite hoppy but cant pickup any flavors i like, muddied, slight citrus,maybe ? but wouldnt buy it again.

infact if i had made it and had a full keg i would invite the neighbours over to knock it off, save me drinking it.

fergi

Im drinking cerveza Cantina atm .. an import
I think its rebadged VB crossed with fosters or maybe straight fosters cause it was horrible
I say was horrible because i now have the WORST sinus i can ever remember and cant breathe, taste or smell a bag of freshly opened hops at all

I need to get beer in to kegs.. but no doubt mates will empty that this weekend again too. Time to start charging them me thinks

At this moment I could murder a 40 of Steel Reserve, Olde English or St Ides :chug:

warners at the bay has 2 fridges full of US beers they are all single bottles to so there is a huge range, I have not tried to many of them yet but SN is one of the better ones. Didnt realise they have a online shop Here is the link!

Yeh Warners at the Bay has a great selection, if in Newie. Have got many a good beer there. They actually have some very good beers. :rolleyes:
Just wish they supported Home Brewers like we support them. :(

Fear_n_loath

there some hooch right there

what is VB?

omg from ratebeer

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Victoria Bitter has been Australias favorite full strength beer brand for many years. VB, as it is widely known, was launched in the 1890s and since then has developed a reputation as a great beer with a tradition of rewarding Australians who work and play hard.

Score 3 (out of 100)

my favorite review

1.5 AROMA 2/10 APPEARANCE 2/5 TASTE 3/10 PALATE 2/5 OVERALL 6/20Muggus69 (858) - Newcastle, NSW, AUSTRALIA - FEB 10, 2012
Bottle, served ice cold, as per instruction. Pale in color and in flavor. Kinda reminiscent of that time I had Bear Gryliss moment and drank some camel urine. Faint note of hop bitterness...for the love of god dont let it get warm!

that review is about as spot on as you can get although it is missing the mouse cage aroma as bribie would say it ;)

How does one define a craft beer?

I would have thought that the availability of a beer has to be related to the volume produced, or megaswillity, of the beer. I found SNPA in just about every bar I went into in the US, in the supermarket in the UK, and now over here too!

Not that I'm complaining about that, it's a lovely beer. I just hope they can maintain the quality!

Edit: Just googled my question - as of 2010 Sierra Nevada were well within the defined volume limits for a craft or microbrewery in the USA, by a factor of 10! I will continue to enjoy their craft beer :chug:

Back