Is Sierra Nevada The Only Us Craft Beer In Australia?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coopers bottles FTW. I read somewhere (it might have been their spam email I get every month or so) that they make decent bottles for CPA/CSA/Mild because they want homebrewers to be able to re-use the bottles. Don't ask me where, but there was that implied encouragement.

Goomba

Not at my local shop but Coopers, James Boag's, Fosters, Dave and Cam,Sheaf Stout,Broken Hill

Are available in the US.

What should I be looking for?

None of these are craft beer except for mountain goat (and I'm not familiar with broken hill).

Coopers is close, being independently owned. Coopers stout is a good one.

If you don't get little creatures over there, I doubt a lot of our other, smaller breweries would be shipping to the US. Could be wrong.

In the last few months North Coast Brewing Co. and Brooklyn Brewing beers have become freely available in SA.

These are being brought into Australia by Palais Imports according to the sticker on the back.

I knew I forgot 2! Apologies to the Palais guys.

Also, Samuel Adams (or what little makes it here...)

None of these are craft beer except for mountain goat (and I'm not familiar with broken hill).

Coopers is close, being independently owned. Coopers stout is a good one.

If you don't get little creatures over there, I doubt a lot of our other, smaller breweries would be shipping to the US. Could be wrong.
+1 for the Coopers Stout. The rest of the coopers range are nothing to get super excited about. But maybe I'm biased against "Australian Ale" at this point in time.
Sheaf, while megaswill, isn't half bad for a stout.

+1 for the Coopers Stout. The rest of the coopers range are nothing to get super excited about. But maybe I'm biased against "Australian Ale" at this point in time.
Sheaf, while megaswill, isn't half bad for a stout.

I know Lion Stout is from Sri Lanka... great stout and the best bottles ever made

I would classify Samuel Adams as a better quality mega brewery. They are pretty huge! Their beers are really good, but the import and tax costs getting them here make them not worth the price.

Freezkat - I bet you pay no more than $10 a six pack for Samuel Adams Boston Lager, while we pay double that. It's a good beer, but too many local craft beers in the same price range.

Dan Murphy's near me has started distributing Magic Hat #9 Pale Ale.

:blink: #9 has to be the worst beer Magic Hat brews. I got a 6 from Dan's & it's crap. It was crap when I had it at a brewpub in the states too. Wish they would send their seasonals or IPAs. Their winter brews are great!

It's crafted from the finest corn, rice and malted barley and then hopped to 7.5 IBUs with a hop that has been bred to actually remove taste from the beer. Then it's filtered through 0.00002 micron filters to create alcoholic fizzy water.

It's homeopathic beer ... beer that remembers being beer.

A true masterpiece in brewing.

We think our megaswill is bad ... the craftbrewing revolution happened in America because it HAD to happen there.

WOW dude.... now I am trippin balls

I would classify Samuel Adams as a better quality mega brewery. They are pretty huge! Their beers are really good, but the import and tax costs getting them here make them not worth the price.

Bigger then Sierra Nevada, and not even comparable over here for price. It's not tax/lack of import... it's an importer who has fallen behind the times. There are so many more cool beers Sam Adams does that would do so well over here in this market... where are they?

So disappointing.

Bigger then Sierra Nevada, and not even comparable over here for price. It's not tax/lack of import... it's an importer who has fallen behind the times. There are so many more cool beers Sam Adams does that would do so well over here in this market... where are they?

So disappointing.

Sam Adams Dopplebock is very good. I would compare it to Ettaler Curator from Germany.

Sam's does a bunch of small release beers that are outstanding but we never see again.

If you have the fortune of having any of the Schell's small releases from Minnesota USA...you will be very privileged. Their test batch rauchbier last year was ridiculous good. Sam's does similar batches but I live 1,500 miles away and our distributors rarely handle them.

So disappointing.

Yeah... like to see their Black Lager here... or Oktoberfest...

Latest posts

Back