Is my regulator stuffed?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreads_2006

Reaction score
I set my regulator at 12psi like normal and over night it creeps up to over 30psi it has done it both on and off the keg. Is there something I can do to fix this? When it's off the keg it goes as high as 60psi. I have been using this regulator without any trouble for 2 years now.
Any ideas would be great..
Cheers

Do you have one way valves in the gas lines? If not, beer may have got into it. Was it a new reg when you got it and what brand?

Do you hold your tongue in or out when adjusting the pressure?

Cube said:
Do you have one way valves in the gas lines? If not, beer may have got into it. Was it a new reg when you got it and what brand?

Do you hold your tongue in or out when adjusting the pressure?
hahahaha I hold my tongue out..... It is a keg king regulator and I got it brand new in 2012. Have not had beer go back into it and it has worked perfectly up until now

I think I've read of a few of these with similar symptons. I'd contact KK and ask them about it.

dreads_2006 said:
hahahaha I hold my tongue out..... It is a keg king regulator and I got it brand new in 2012. Have not had beer go back into it and it has worked perfectly up until now
Get it into a vice and undo the front case off the body, remove the 30g of brass filings out of it, replace in reverse sequence and chances are it might be OK.

If not it's worth while to buy something reliable and well made for about 30 bucks more.

Buy once, buy well.

Martin

Back