Is Another Home Brew Hop Shortage Imminent?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
climate change is all about taxing your ass, it has nothing to do with co2
Not just your Ass, but also your cow, pig, and chicken as well, it's a tax on everything. Remember the old saying "if they could work out a way tax the air we breathe they would" well they have!!!!!

I think we're more likely to see increases in malt prices now that Russia's grain harvest has fallen in a hole.

Link.

I think we're more likely to see increases in malt prices now that Russia's grain harvest has fallen in a hole.
That's fixed by not drinking wheat beer and using Australian malt. ;)

But from what it's saying there it looks pretty serious - we can blame global warming for that too? :)

Global Warming isn't about the Earth getting hotter (something we can easily adapt to cope with), it's about distribution of limited resources.

For 7 billion people to live as we do and enjoy our lifestyle, we need four more Earths.

Doesn't take a genius to realise that the rich must either share, fight, or conserve.

Right now we're being asked (guilt-tripped some might say) to conserve, later on we might be asked to fight because we're shit at sharing.

We'll be asked to fight with those who have the most natural resources - say, someone like Iraq.

Unfortunately, we have a large chunk of the world's resources too ... good thing we've already picked sides.

The least damaging part of "Global Warming" will be the warming part.

EDIT: how big should my hop pot be minimum?

I caught the tail end of one of those eco doco movies the other day (home or something), it said 80% of the earths resources are being used by 20% of the population.. something to think about as well.

I opened this thread thinking it would be about hop prices... ;)

We'll be asked to fight with those who have the most natural resources - say, someone like Iraq

i think the yanks have already tried this :D

EDIT: how big should my hop pot be minimum?
As big as possible.
The largest plastic pots you can buy would only just be adequate, you'd be better using something like a rubbish bin, wine-keg or similar.

Latest posts

Back