Ipad 2 Ibrewmaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukec

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is anyone else there who uses ibrewmaster on the iPad 2 and what do they think of it.
I'm a big fan,

Just wondering if there is anyone else there who uses ibrewmaster on the iPad 2 and what do they think of it.
I'm a big fan,

I use ibrew master on my ipad 1 and I personally think it kicks beersmith's ass! I have used a few different programs and this one is definitely the best in my opinion

Which addition are you guys using? Pretty cheap but I'm not sure I like anyone being able to access all my reciepes, is there a privacy setting?

Just in case I win a few million and start a brewery

Have been tooling around with it on my ipad 1, and it seems excellent. Only problem ive encountered is with adding sparge steps. It calculates the temp i need for an infusion mashout target of 78, to requiring a temp of 76.5 or something. Not sure why, but it sure isnt correct. If my mash is at 66 and i want to infuse to mashout temp of 78, i'm gonna need hotter water than 76.....

If someone knows how to do this id love some help.

Imuse brewmate on brewday, but i like the ipad for quick recipe formulation without having to go out to the brewery to turn my laptop on.

been using ibrewmaster on my phone for ages now, it kicks everything else...

and theres inventory coming for it soon.

being able to create custom additions / fermentation steps etc, and have them all in a shedule is awesome.

I have fermentation steps to add finings, cold chill, and also have a nochill step prior to primary fermentation.

Which addition are you guys using? Pretty cheap but I'm not sure I like anyone being able to access all my reciepes, is there a privacy setting?

No-one else can see your recipes nless you choose to share them,

I await the Android version. Looks like a good portable option.

Does it work for BIAB brewers or just full AG brewers?

I was going to buy Ibrewmaster for my iphone.
On brew day I use my laptop with brewmate but I often find my wife is using it to do her course assignments (Even though she has her own laptop, but thats woman for you :blink: )

So was going to use Ibrewmaster as a back up on brew day. But...then I read this in the manual..

Note: the XML format that is used by iBrewMaster is a custom format, and is not compatible to the Beer XML format. There are simply too many additional features in iBrewMaster to adhere to this standard

So I assume that means I wont be able to import/export recipes between Brewmate and Ibrewmaster?

I was going to buy Ibrewmaster for my iphone.
On brew day I use my laptop with brewmate but I often find my wife is using it to do her course assignments (Even though she has her own laptop, but thats woman for you :blink: )

So was going to use Ibrewmaster as a back up on brew day. But...then I read this in the manual..

So I assume that means I wont be able to import/export recipes between Brewmate and Ibrewmaster?

Correct... but you get plenty of recipes with the app and recipes are really simple to create. I use ibrewmaster in combination with brewmath. The two combined do everything that any other program will do.

Sent by my iPhone. ;)

I just would have preferred an option where I can create a recipe in Brewmate then import it into Ibrewmaster to use on brew day without having to type out the recipe twice.

You have to upload your recipes to share, no one can access them otherwise.

Latest posts

Back