IPA - Game of Thrones

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the Hop Czar and had a Figjam in the stubbie size and it's still pretty good as a regular, rather than a 'special'.

Boat Rocker Hop Bomb IPA is an excellent beer as well.

Had one from the two birds (normally don't like their bottled beers) on tap - it was a one off - I think called the forager. Not an IPA, more an english PA, but really good balanced beer. Much enjoyed.

Mornington Peninsula IPA is hands down the best Australian take on IPA that I've tried so far.

If you're from Sydney and want to try a good IPA, get down to Wollongong and try Ilawarra Breweries IPA, they even do it in growlers. It's excellent for hop heads! :icon_drool2:

acarey said:
Hop wired superconductor is pretty amazing.
Oh yeh. 8 wired awsome beers

Brew dog
Epic
Brew fist space man!!!!
Tuatara
Beer here
Nogne o
Heretic
Mikkeller
Rogue
Moon dog. :)
Garage project
Liberty
Brew cult
Arctic fox
Holgate
Bone yard
Yeastie boys
Bridge rd
Murrays
Just a few of my fav brewers. I am a craft beer snob!!!!!!!

+ 1 for the list above

I would add to that just Bear Republic Racer #5

I steer away from James Squire IPA after buying 3 slabs at various times and finding they tasted like mouldy cardboard. But I think that if Cooper's upped the IBU on their Celebration Ale it would be a very nice IPA.

Yep, Hop Hog is a great IPA. I used to be a big fan of Mountain Goat IPA. I reckon they've changed the recipe & added rye to it....Either way, not what it used to be IMHO.

Yeah that is definietly a typo on the web site. It's 5.8%.

I am a huge IPAs Fan as well. Been lucky enough to try many from around the world. Would have to put Russian River's Pliny the Elder as the best with Dogfish Head's 90 Minute IPA a close second (still have not had a chance to try their 120 minute IPA). My favorite Australian IPA would have to be Murrays Icon 2IPA.
My top 10 IPA's (not including Black IPAS).
1. Russian River Pliny the Elder
2. Dogfish Head's 90 Minute IPA
3. Lagunitas Hop Stoopid
4. Thornbridge Jaipur
5. Mikkeller 10 hop IPA
6. AleSmith IPA
7. Murrays Icon 2IPA
8. Epic Armageddon IPA
9. Thornbridge Halcyon
10. Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA

Bizier said:
Any arse that bleats about balance and too much hops can go brew a lager. It is good to see someone comparing beers and realising that, in fact, some are just bland.
And awesome people prefer IPAs, it is a measurable fact.
Amen to that!

Back