Introduction and greetings from UK

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nibber

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just found your great website,after many years of doing can homebrews i have taken the plunge and gone all grain,took delivery of the Grainfather last weekend and got started by brewing a Summer Ale,this is bubbling away in the fermenter at the moment,this weekend i am brewing a "Theakston Old Peculier "clone so i will see how it goes,next one will either be a black ipa or a lager :)
Regards Nigel.

G,day and welcome, how's the weather up there and which part of the UK are you from.

How ye gannin me bonny lad.

Newcastle upon Tyne (my old 'hood) 21 degrees
Newcastle New South Wales (my nearest large city) 24 degrees.
God will this awful winter never end.

Welcome to the craft.

I am from Pluckley,Kent,
Today has been hot 28 degrees C ,been to a great barbie this afternoon :) plenty of beer consumed.

Send your weather down here. I'm with Bribie stuff the cold,wind,and rain.
Mind you when summer hits here and a howling northerly starts throwing dust on a 40+ degree day I'll soon be honking about summer :)

Bribie G said:
How ye gannin me bonny lad.

Newcastle upon Tyne (my old 'hood) 21 degrees
Newcastle New South Wales (my nearest large city) 24 degrees.
God will this awful winter never end.

Welcome to the craft.
Welcome nibber. One suggestion: explore the site archives and specialty topics such as hops.

For Bribie:

Three memories from years ago of Newcastle-u-P::

1. Friendliest pubs in England.

2. The rumours about a mental hospiltal ward dedicated to housing drinkers of "lunatics' broth," a.k.a. Newcastle Brown. I believe most of my informants told the story with a wink, but a few swore it was true. Does the story still circulate?

3. The young woman I chatted up in a pub, who invited me to come around in the morning and "knock her up." My first reaction was "What a country," but then I realised a difference between our dialects might lead to misunderstanding.

Back