Introducing the perlick growler filler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serious question: if it's as easy as sticking a bit of tube up the tap, why do counter-pressure bottle fillers etc exist that cost millions of dollars to fill a bottle?

$30 is the price for the coupler.

And for those that are asking, a growler filler and bottle filler are totally different.

Growlers have a shelf life of about 10 days, bottles bottled properly can last years depending on the beer.

King Brown Brewing said:
$30 is the price for the coupler.

And for those that are asking, a growler filler and bottle filler are totally different.

Growlers have a shelf life of about 10 days, bottles bottled properly can last years depending on the beer.
Seems like a reasonable price. Where are they going to be available Dan?

looking at that picture it looks like the bottle/growler end just clips on the end of the growler, right?

does this not mean that the beer foams up as it falls down into the bottom of the bottle, leaving you with empty space at the top once the foam subsides?

Hi Dan,

How does this unit improve on this product linked earlier? http://www.ebay.com....984.m1439.l2649
I'm interested as I've just ordered stainless steel ones designed specifically for perlick taps & for regular Brumby taps & they come in at a fraction of the price indicated for these.

Cheers Ross

Ross said:
Hi Dan,

How does this unit improve on this product linked earlier? http://www.ebay.com....984.m1439.l2649
I'm interested as I've just ordered stainless steel ones designed specifically for perlick taps & for regular Brumby taps & they come in at a fraction of the price indicated for these.

Cheers Ross
Hi Ross,

I bought one of these. It doesn't fit a 525PC or a 545PC, it's too big. If you have something in the works for either of these taps, I'd love to check it out.

KBB, I'm keen if they are shipping soon. I've had to resort to a short length of silicone tubing over the top of the tap, PVC tubing inserted into that, then my SS rod and stopper into the PVC. Made a bit of a mess. A hose clamp later and it was, less messy.

Cheers,

Brad

Ross said:
Hi Dan,

Cheers Ross

How did these go Ross? Did they fit the Perlicks?

Guys,

They are still being manufactured & hopefully here within the next few weeks. Will advise when they're in.

Cheers Ross

Thanks Ross, I'll order the 525 version as soon as they're in.

Sorry Brad, missed this first time.

They have all been made, but we had to increase the order with more stainless gear or the shipping was going to kill it.
I'm assured goods are just about ready for dispatch, so shouldn't be long.

Sweet, thanks for the update Ross.

Making do with a hose clamp and silicon hose at the moment, so looking forward to checking this one out.

Cheers,

Brad

Any one know if this actually happened?

can't seem to locate anywhere.

I have celli taps, and just jam a length of silicone tube onto the end of the tap. Works a treat for filling growlers / taking a few to a mates house. I wouldn't keep them more than a few days as there will be some oxygen pick up. The trick I have found is to pre-cool the growler / bottle to be filled in the freezer to prevent excessive foaming.

Latest posts

Back