Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Been brewing on and off for a few years now, had a fair mix of stilling kits and more recently AG.

This forum comes up almost everytime i google a beer issue so i'm jumping on board.

Mafro

Hi Folks,

I'm a relative newbie. Used to home brew in my youth and am taking it up again. Just starting with the basics, canned extracts, etc. My first brew is bubbling away as I type. Anyway, I've ambitions to learn the genuine craft, so hopefully you'll see me asking questions that range from plain dumb to insightful (but maybe still a little dumb). And if I ask a question that has been asked a million times, well, it's a big forum.

Gully

Hi Folks,

I'm a relative newbie. Used to home brew in my youth and am taking it up again. Just starting with the basics, canned extracts, etc. My first brew is bubbling away as I type. Anyway, I've ambitions to learn the genuine craft, so hopefully you'll see me asking questions that range from plain dumb to insightful (but maybe still a little dumb). And if I ask a question that has been asked a million times, well, it's a big forum.

Gully

You use to make alcohol and now you are back to make 'Beer'! , good choice, you are amongst the best company....

Ask/post away mate - Also search and read!

My tips but more so WELCOME!

Cheers

G'day brewers

Been lurking here for quite a while so i thought i better say hi.

Started brewing around 5 years ago.. kit & kilo.
I was never happy with the beers i made, (total lack of knowledge) :rolleyes: and gave up brewing for a while until i came across this site!
Started reading everything i could and decided all grain brewing would be the go.
Gradually got all my equipment together and made my first all grain beer last may ( English Bitter )
I was blown away at the quality of beer you can make when you put your mind to it.
No looking back now i must say!

Thanks to everyone who has posted valuable info on this site, helped me immensly.

Cheers

Mike

Hey Mike, I remember when we used to brew those k&k in NZ, putting the fermenter on a heating pad and wrapping it up with towels nice and tight so that the temp didn't drop below 26 degrees and turn our beer to shit! Haha! How things change.

Agreed about the info on this forum, lots to learn here. My beer is probably marginally better these days!

I'll prob do another trip up to Sydney later in the year, give you a bit of notice so we can organise a gathering.

Hello all. Thought I would pop in here introduce myself. My name is Rob, I'm 46 and I am from Florida, USA. I have been brewing for just over 3 years. Started out extract in the garage and have gone thru 2 systems since trying to build the best brew system for me. I have since sold my latest single tier "Brutus 10" style system and ordered the 50L Speidel Braumeister. Cheers!

Greetings from Oregon. I've been brewing some good extract beers but decided to try AG and I was told BIAB was a good way to do it without investing in a lot of new equipment. A friend of mine told me AHB was the place to go for BIAB info so here I am. Doing my first test batch on Saturday night.

Cheers :icon_chickcheers:

Good luck with your 1st BIAB. I'm heading that way shortly myself :)

Welcome aboard!

Hi One and All,

I havent homebrewed for 8 or so years, but I am back with a vengeance! No washing bottles for all batches this time round. I got me a Kegerator. I have been trawling through a mountain of information on here already. It wouldn't be fun if it was as easy as 1,2,3 would it? Just doing K&K for the moment but will move onto the real brewing as soon as the funds and knowledge allow it.
Hope I don't ask too many silly questions or upset to many people while Im here, after all we all had to start somewhere.

Here's looking at you!

Shan

Hi all,

started brewing last year when I got a kit for Father's Day. Have just done my first use of specialty grains and looking at finally getting some temp control now it's cooler. I'm in Canberra and happy to catch up with any others here.

Fad

Hi Fad,
Welcome aboard.
Canberra certainly turns into Lager-town in winter :)

Hi All,

I used to brew about 20 years ago... like a lot of others it was a kit & kilo of your best table sugar, put it in the hot shed and hope it finished in 3 days..... mmm tasty :huh:

Ive been distilling for the last couple of years and after getting a keg system for my 40th late last year ive caught the beer bug again. I've done a number of extract beers which have turned out very drinkable for an newbee and now starting to plan in my head my first all grain set up. Im my usual obcessive way i've decided that my 2 keg beer fridge is no longer big enough and i've just bought a second hand F&P 215L chest freezer on the cheap. So now to start building the collar.

The info on here is awesome and has saved me from a few disasters already.. thanks

Hey all,

Well I might as well introduce myself.

I'm Josh from Brisbane, first time brewing (unless you call the science class ginger beer that we all got drunk on real brewing), and I like long walks on the beach :p

I'm going straight into AG as one of the guys here at work is answering all my tideous questions.
Granddad brewed extract and my Dad has done it a few times, but I've only ever been interested in partials, but since i'm going to use some grain anyway, may as well go the whole hog.

Just waiting on some fittings to come in from Beerbelly then I'm ready to go.

Cheers,
Josh.

G'day fellas,

Welcome to the obsession.

Aces...I assume you play the game of the same name? Havent been up for a while myself, whats the new superfortress like?

G'day fellas,

Welcome to the obsession.

Aces...I assume you play the game of the same name? Havent been up for a while myself, whats the new superfortress like?

You're either being too cryptic or I am just being tooo stupid... explain yourself young man :lol:

Or maybe he plays cards rather than flying games (assuming that's what the game is from your reference...)

Aces High II by HiTech Creations - WW2 on-line flight sim. (no association, just an avid gamer)

Basically, jump in a WW2 plane of some description and fly around to shoot other poor unsuspecting souls out of the sky.

B-29 Superfortress is an American bomber. The one that was used to drop the nuke on Japan. They only just got around to finishing the modelling and incorporating it into the game. Apparently it holds a huge pay-load and can wipe out entire bases in one pass...But as I said, I havent had a chance to play for a while so wasnt sure if the reports where true and accurate and thought you may know what its like.

By the response provided however, I would hazard a guess that you dont know what im on about and probably think im a bit of a nerd for being into such games. Which is fair enough... :p

Aces High II by HiTech Creations - WW2 on-line flight sim. (no association, just an avid gamer)

Basically, jump in a WW2 plane of some description and fly around to shoot other poor unsuspecting souls out of the sky.

B-29 Superfortress is an American bomber. The one that was used to drop the nuke on Japan. They only just got around to finishing the modelling and incorporating it into the game. Apparently it holds a huge pay-load and can wipe out entire bases in one pass...But as I said, I havent had a chance to play for a while so wasnt sure if the reports where true and accurate and thought you may know what its like.

By the response provided however, I would hazard a guess that you dont know what im on about and probably think im a bit of a nerd for being into such games. Which is fair enough... :p

Ah now i get it.... actually no i dont, but thats cause i never had the patience for those kind of games :icon_cheers: At least I know what youre talking about now. Good to see plenty of WA members on here as well

Hi. I started brewing about 10 years ago. Just the good old cheap alcohol kits from the supermarket. Life got hectic and I found the beer I was buying was basically the same, so I stopped.
Recently I re discovered home brewing. Hey home brew doesn't give me indigestion, no hangover (if I control my intake) and it tastes nice.
Using better quality kits now, but would like to gradually build up to doing all grain brews. Have a lot of learning to do in the meantime.
Would like to try some dry hopping next, play around with the ingredients, learn, and probably ask a lot of stupid questions.

Hey all,

When I was about 12-13 my dad offered me a homebrew beer one Christmas. He had is set up in their bedroom and was always fascinated by the glugging hose. So I took my dad up on his offer of a brew.it was the worst thing I had ever tasted it did not try beer again until I was about 16. At this age we had just moved from the UK. My dad was not brewing anymore, actually I think he stopped a long while before our move. So after falling in love with beer and spending money all thing time at the offlicence my wife purchased a homebrew kit for me. My first thought was "the taste of my dads brew" but like anything give things time and they may improve I put my brew down. It's now been two years since I got that kit and.have not looked back.
We now live in qld (we moved from Melbourne one year ago) and have just got a fridge to start largering. I'm interested in allgrain but Will start with partial first. Don't know people on the gold coast but working on it. We do a fair bit of camping but hopefully can find some brew buddy (my wife can only take so much brew talk) .......thanks for your time.....beats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back