Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im actually in sydney mate, been here 6 years now

Ahh.. sorry, have a good mate in NZ, Napier, who is a brewing guru was gonna hook you up if possible...

Anyway, 6 years - surely time to drop the All Black flags! :lol:

BTW: Post under the quoted text! :angry:

:icon_cheers:

Ahh.. sorry, have a good mate in NZ, Napier, who is a brewing guru was gonna hook you up if possible...

Anyway, 6 years - surely time to drop the All Black flags! :lol:

BTW: Post under the quoted text! :angry:

HAHA nah, if i did that then i couldnt hassle you win you lose ;)

Thought i might finally post here..

Been posting a bit in the last few months but skipped this topic. Started brewing K&K's about 7 years ago but gave up after lack of LHBS advise and no real direction. In January i turned to the internet in a stab of boredom and found a fountain of information. Since then i dug up the old kit, went to BIAB for 3 attempts at mashing in 10KG of grain in a 45L pot & boiler.

First BIAB brew was actually a brilliant pale ale that packed a hop punch (still it was 3.5% instead of 5). This led to the purchasing of many products, including building my own 3 tap keezer and a 3 vessel system (98L, 45L, 45L). At the moment i have just reached the point of addiction with harvesting my own yeast, crushing my own grain, planting a hop garden and the beers are just bonus!

Currently on the warpath of working out my own recipes and saving some dosh for a real aim in starting my own brewpub in the future.... but that's the future..

Would like to thank everyone here for the pointers and posts that i have leeched so much information off.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi
New to homebrewing. Started with K&K 5 months ago, then moved on to kits and bits and now to partials (2 batches so far). I've got a 15L pot which I use for BIAB and hop additions and then top it up with DME or goo. Have to admit, the results are average at best, first few kits and the first partial were a bit "sour" for the want of the better word, one batch was "yeasty/waxy" and one was too malty/sweet/caramel. One was just perfect, that was FWK type 2 from G&G. Not ready to give up though, will keep at it until I get it right.

Hi,

i,m Bry, living in Oldham ,Lancashire ,Britian.

Got into kit homebrewing for the usual reasons ,travel -meets girls.

The best kits ive tried so far have been Coopers (love those isohops) so I thought i,d see how you guys tweak it seeing as its an aussie brew.

Haven't done that much ,and had a couple of disasters (one brew tastes of cleaning solution,try getting that down),but the good un,s have cheered me up no end and its cheap as chips anyway.

I,m 52, welsh, married two sprogs,18 and 16,weld sheet metal,drive a 15 year old astra ,am doing up a 10 year old vw caravelle, drink bitter and stout, got a coopers drought and a turbo cider on the go at the mo.

Thats me ,ive just summed up my whole life ,i,m sure there was more.

Hi Fellas! (Hmm, are there any girls who brew? I'm sure there must be! No offense meant!)

Jon, here, living in Sunbury, Victoria. Moved over from the UK about a year ago and after going through all the Aussie beers, I started hankering for some hand-pulled ales. I started with 1 kit beer (Cascade Ale, which was surprisingly good), then a disastrous second brew. Third one was a kit and bits Old Perculiar type, now I'm into BIAB, and on my second brew.

Managed to source myself a British hand pump, and finished off 20l of ESB in just over 5 days....

As usual, the hobby has now exploded and I've just sourced an old fridge, thermostat and some other bits to have a go at a Pilsner...interesting times, and a very rewarding hobby!

Anyone else from around Sunbury?

Hi Fellas! (Hmm, are there any girls who brew? I'm sure there must be! No offense meant!)

Yep- there's some of us gals that brew :)

Hey All

Nathan here, 26 year old father of one. I picked up a Coopers DIY set from BigW to start a new hobby, and started my first batch on Saturday. Then I started reading here and realised how much more there is that can be done at home. I'm a chemical engineer, so looking forward to getting bigger, better and more complex. It's certainly a rewarding hobby so far.

At the moment my kit is crammed in the cupboard under the stairs. It seems to hold a fairly steady temperature in there (started at 25 degC, has dropped down to 20degC and stayed there for the last few days). Although the better half is starting to dislike the smell and is threatening to move my next batch to the garage. Any tips on reducing the smell?

Hey All

Nathan here, 26 year old father of one. I picked up a Coopers DIY set from BigW to start a new hobby, and started my first batch on Saturday. Then I started reading here and realised how much more there is that can be done at home. I'm a chemical engineer, so looking forward to getting bigger, better and more complex. It's certainly a rewarding hobby so far.

At the moment my kit is crammed in the cupboard under the stairs. It seems to hold a fairly steady temperature in there (started at 25 degC, has dropped down to 20degC and stayed there for the last few days). Although the better half is starting to dislike the smell and is threatening to move my next batch to the garage. Any tips on reducing the smell?

The best solution would be to move your wife to the garage. Priorities man!

Good luck for your first homebrew!

You'll be a pro in no time.

Hi all!

My name is Ryan. I've been a long-time reader and thought it was time to sign up. I've been brewing on and off for a few years now, and have really only started to get serious about it this year. I'd like to think I've mastered kits and kilos, and would love to make the move to partials, then BIAB. I've also recently started the West Aussie Brew Crew with my cousin, as a way of meeting new brewers, doing some carton swaps, and hopefully learning a few new tips and tricks first-hand. There aren't too many brewers that we know of in the south-west of W.A. so we thought it would be a good way to find some!

Cheers!

Hi All,

My name is Matt, I am also a member of the Coopers forums but am in the middle of creating myself an all grain setup.

I have currently got an old Coopers Micro Home brew kit, a mash tun and a hot water tank. I have also got an old keg that I plan on converting into a brew kettle using an element. If you have any ideas throw them my way.

I have been brewing for almost 2 years and I believe I have the kit and kilo stuff down pat fairly well.

I am sure you lot will help me out with all the silly questions that I will ask.

G'day guys,

Just started brewing a few months ago using K&K from my LHBS who's been awesome with the info and stuff. I've just started experimenting with different hops and yeasts and what not and I'm about to bottle an IPA with Cascade hops,T-58 yeast and a light malt/dex mix. (Well aware that I'm fumbling in the dark). Love the amount of info on here, and just expanded to two tubs and a second hand fridge, and also been give a Tooheys keg from a friend, but it's too big for the fridge, what do I do with it?

RyanWABC, Mattyra and Clutch,

Welcome to AHB!
I hope you enjoy this occasionally crazy place! :chug:

and also been give a Tooheys keg from a friend, but it's too big for the fridge, what do I do with it?

TURN IT INTO A KEGGLE AND GO ALL GRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Clutch mate, someone had to say it :D

Welcome aboard fella. Read heaps and don't be afraid to ask questions....

Nath

TURN IT INTO A KEGGLE AND GO ALL GRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Clutch mate, someone had to say it :D

Welcome aboard fella. Read heaps and don't be afraid to ask questions....

Nath

All grain looks super complicated to me right now, so I think I'll turn it into a smoker...

All grain looks super complicated to me right now, so I think I'll turn it into a smoker...

Actually they make really good BBQ's too!

Hey guys

After 6 or 7 batches of bottled brew have decided to make the move to kegs, Spent last Sat building my keg fridge and will be filling my first keg this Sun. While i know about cleaning and sanitizing the keg I'm guessing it would be a good idea to sanitize the tap lines before i use them for the first time.
Any tips on the best ways to do this and frequency would be appreciated.

Irons

Hey guys

After 6 or 7 batches of bottled brew have decided to make the move to kegs, Spent last Sat building my keg fridge and will be filling my first keg this Sun. While i know about cleaning and sanitizing the keg I'm guessing it would be a good idea to sanitize the tap lines before i use them for the first time.
Any tips on the best ways to do this and frequency would be appreciated.

Irons
Welcome to the forums Irons, what type of sanitiser do you have? Regardless, put some cleaner in one of the kegs and run that through lines and taps, let it sit for up to an hour ( if clean, don't bother)
Empty keg and rinse then put in some sanitiser and pump that through the whole lot, leave it sit for 30 mins then start pumping beer through.
Run off maybe a litre then start drinking!
Have a look in the articles section, there's some good info there, good luck! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back