Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there all,

I am a brewer in Brisbane I love to brew grain but find myself using can malt and hopping in the kitchen due to time and space constraints. I brew mostly pale ales and darker british style ale and a few lagers. I spend my time working as a barman and lookforward to getting a few interesting brews happening after I get a few ideas from the site.

Hey all,

Names Ash and i'm from Melbourne. Started brewing about a year ago. Myself and SWMBO bought our house about 2 years ago and with cost of living, mortgage etc...i couldnt justufy the $40+ for a slab of beer...So with that i convinced SWMBO that if i made my own beer, in the long run it would work out cheaper...But what i wasn't aware of that it would be come an addiction...I love making beer, but best of all drinking something you made that is by far better than some of our local beers...Next move is kegs, sick of bottling...Got a fridge ready to go, jut waiting for Taxtime...

Happy brewing

Cheers

Ash

Hey all,

Another West Australian on board. Pretty new to brewing but have lurked for a while, just on my second batch of kit beer, and learning at a steady pace. Trying not to confuse myself too quickly.
The missus knew I had a passion for brewing, and jumped the gun and brought me my first kit, and now her family decided to gift me with a second fermenter and now I am gathering bits and peices to move into extract and once that happens, start peicing together all the gear needed for AG.
Basically just an Ale lover so will be throwing together alot of different things to find the nice one, all about experimenting after all right.

Cheers for the time, and I'll talk to you all soon.

Name is Mitch.

My brother works in malting for Joe Whites (used to work for Budweiser in London) and I decided to have a bit of a crack at HB for some fun and sorta see what he does. Like Ash above, bought a house (by myself) and the cost of beer + mortgage/bills was too much.

Never really paid much attention to the different styles of beer when growing up, but since starting HB, I have developed a new sense of appreciation for a good tasting craft beer and don't mind paying a bit extra when buying beer if it means getting a nicer brew and not mass produced shit.

+1 to Ash again coz there's nothing like drinking something you've made yourself.

Now living in Ceduna, SA, and as there's FA to do here, and the local bottle shop (one only!) stock pretty much only the mass produced brewery swill, decided to get back into HB.

Gday All
Names Tui Im a reserved type who doesnt mind a beer or eleventy seven if the mood strikes. My aim at the moment is to learn more about the finer points of brewing.
Beer taste is diverse
Ales, blondes, wheats, marzen, porters, stouts & happy to try some experimentals too.
Kind of sick of paying $60 a case to get decent beers with real flavour & really sick of paying any money to get generic flavourless slop that the major breweries keep trying feed us.
Can I make beers better than them? Im gunna find out. My mission starts now :ph34r: :ph34r:

Hi all,

Yes I signed up a long time ago. Mostly lurked and now that I'm into AG, it's time to get more involved.

Beer lover for a long time, but started brewing Kits back in 2009. Pretty much started experimenting with Hops and Steeping the Kits from day one. Thanks to the inspiration at G&G yarraville. Read up heaps on Palmer's How to Brew and made a few Extract brews and a few Partial Mashes through 2010. AG is the goal now. Managing in the kitchen with the equipment I have at the moment but will be more efficient with a few extra things.

Take a liking to most beers, especially the malty ones of late. Quite like a Amber/Pale Ale, Dark Ale, Bock, Vienna or Ocktoberfest Lager. Just made an AG Brown Porter so I am hoping it's to my liking.
Favourite easy to get you hands on commercial drops at the moment are: White Rabbit Dark Ale, Little Creatures Bright Ale and Goat Hightail.

EDIT: Oh and it's cheap.

EDIT: And my wife says I'm obsessed with brewing.

Hi all,

Yes I signed up a long time ago. Mostly lurked and now that I'm into AG, it's time to get more involved.

Beer lover for a long time, but started brewing Kits back in 2009. Pretty much started experimenting with Hops and Steeping the Kits from day one. Thanks to the inspiration at G&G yarraville. Read up heaps on Palmer's How to Brew and made a few Extract brews and a few Partial Mashes through 2010. AG is the goal now. Managing in the kitchen with the equipment I have at the moment but will be more efficient with a few extra things.

Take a liking to most beers, especially the malty ones of late. Quite like a Amber/Pale Ale, Dark Ale, Bock, Vienna or Ocktoberfest Lager. Just made an AG Brown Porter so I am hoping it's to my liking.
Favourite easy to get you hands on commercial drops at the moment are: White Rabbit Dark Ale, Little Creatures Bright Ale and Goat Hightail.

EDIT: Oh and it's cheap.

EDIT: And my wife says I'm obsessed with brewing.

Still brewing in the kitchen, your not obsessed yet. I have seen some of the setups from crew on this site and IMO they are obsessed with good quality beer. Forget about cost I recken Mesa, it keeps us from giving our hard urned cash to the big breweries who give us crap in return. It's a hobbie I'm sure you will enjoy.

Drew

Still brewing in the kitchen, your not obsessed yet. I have seen some of the setups from crew on this site and IMO they are obsessed with good quality beer. Forget about cost I recken Mesa, it keeps us from giving our hard urned cash to the big breweries who give us crap in return. It's a hobbie I'm sure you will enjoy.

Drew

HaHa. So what your saying is that my wife ain't seen nothing yet. I have seen some impressive setups on this site, I am a long way from them... for now. :D

my partner has actually told me " i am so sick of hearing your home brew crap,and clean up your mess in the spare room " i have stolen the spare room and turned it into a brewery with atleast 80 longneck bottles just laying around and 60 conditioning in the bottles as we speak and the other 80 waiting to be bottled. its just a k&k brewery but im learning as i move along :)

Yeh Mesa your not obsessed until you can devote at leased 1 whole room of your house to nothing but making and consuming beer. I have seen houses with 2 such devoted rooms.

Shaun, you need a shed mate. Best things ever invented, second only to beer.

Drew

Hadn't noticed this section before.
Name's Gard. Live in Launceston with my lovely wife and 2 teenagers.
Tried homebrewing about 25 years ago, because it was cheaper than buying beer. Unfortunately my mate and I had little success, we did manage a couple of drinkable batches, but also so some shockers, some bottle bombs etc. Until fairly recently I went for quantity over quality with my beer. Hate to think how many thousand cans of Tooheys red I've downed over the years. That changed when my wife gave me a BeerMasons membership for christmas. Wow! I had no idea beer could be so delicious. Since then I went from paying $35-40for 30 cans to being a more discerning drinker but having to pay $60+ for 2 dozen. My current regular drop is Boags Wizard Smith's English ale, and every now and again I treat myself to something really special from BeerMasons or similar online bottle shop. Currently have just over 1/2 a carton of Oud Beersel Bersalis, a sensational Belgium tripel. At $130+ a carton though I got to thinking "I wonder if I could make something like that"?
Hoping that now I'm a bit older, wiser, more patient, and able to afford to buy beer while waiting for a brew to condition properly I will have more success. I'm sure with all the great advice on this forum and elsewhere on the 'net I will do OK.
I've ordered some stuff from the site sponsors and from eBay. Plan on starting with K&K, then prob. K&K with some extras before moving up to more advanced methods. Just need bottles and wort kit and I should be ready to begin brewing.

yeah drew have a tiny gaden shed outside but the tempreture varies way to much so easier to devote the spare room.. :) "shaunbrew" lol ..... ask ur mates for the bottles gard, my father inlaw drinks 3 longnecks of vb a day so every week i collect bottles off him and give him a few of my brew, its a fair exchange :) also look on ebay ppl sell mass bunches of like 300 or 100 at a time, but only use longecks because there is half the work involved, learnt this the hard way , cheers boys

shaun

Hi team, Charlie from Croydon, Vic here. Back brewing after a 10 year layoff. Great site ! Done many can kits, extracts and a couple of mash beers. I'm mainly concentrating on low gravity beers at present (my own reasons....) so any low alcohol beer recipes are very much appreciated. Under airlock (and fermenting) at present is a Coopers Stout without dextrose and 100g crystal malt boiled in to thicken palate as well as 25g each of Fuggles and Goldings pellets ; Goldings for flavour, Fuggles for aroma. I boiled the lot in my brewpot and used the new (for me) Safale (?) dried ale yeast. SG was 1030 ! Never brewed anything so low in my life ! Best regards, Charlie.

hi my names paul and i'm from shepparton in vic..... been on here for while so i thought i'd better introduce my self. i've been brewing for about 3 years and have a chest freezer setup with a 4 tap font and it fits about 8 kegs in it. mostly doing kits and bits brews at the moment.

hi everyone im kiwi and im kiwi. i live in sydney and new to homebrew, this forum is the bees knees for ppl such as myself who needs to know stuff. i am currently waiting for my first brew to be ready and i have to say its like watching paint dry. anyways thats about the best of an introduction i can give :)

cheers goldy, im already starting to learn alot and wanting to go buy things tomorrow, i bought a keg today and heat pad and bits n pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back