Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings All,

Joined at start of year and been posting and PM-ing a bit
but had never gotten to introduce myself. This has been a
bit nagging so here's a catch up to set it right.

HB-ing started as a way to have beer cheaply and progress
for me has been a rapid climb with brews to date:
#1 Coopers lager from a brewing kit - still have a bottle
as a keep sake.
#2 Munton's Irish Ale - brewed at high-ish temp so a bit
vegemitey.
#3, #4 DrSmurto's Golden Ale - given K&E version recipe
from the guys at BeerBelly and always well received.
#5 Czech Budvar Pilsner - with steeping and brewed at 10deg
having got a Tempmate, blingy SS conical fermenter and
using spare fridge. Just like the store bought stuff.
#6 and #7 - more DSGAs using cheaper kits and still turning
out well
#8, #9 Belgian tri-can dark strong ale head kicker.

Guess I'm a good example of the way homebrewing can turn
into a bit of an all-consuming activity :D. Being a bit of a
hoarder of stuff has paid off as far as HB-ing as some many
things I've hung on to have found good use in my brewing kit.

Will probably go into BIAB once I've gotten through the stash
of Coopers kits I recently got courtesy of the Coles sell-off.
Have also taken to yeast culturing and hop growing with four
varieties in pots at the moment.

Anyways, happy brewin' and drinkin' to all ... Ahhh! so much
to explore, so much to drink!

Tom.

Great work MaltyHops!

Get the bag out mate... come on, even if you are biting pillows it will be great beer! :p

All jokes!

Welcome aboard!

Post, read, read, search, post and be merry!

Cheers

Gidday, I'm new here and thought I would introduce myself.
Spanner's the name. I've been homebrewing now for a couple of years. First got into it 'cause it was cheap and my old man gave me a fermenter and stuff. Havn't turned bback since.
I have made a lot of different beers, all out of the can, and find Black Rock, Beermakers and Coopers to be the most exciting. I have made Wheats, Bocks, Pilsener, Stouts, Lager, Olds and all in between.
I once made an Old-style beer with 75grams of Milo in it and it was lovely!!
I have also made a chilli beer that I was rather impressed with.
I am also a huge fan of the Sydney Roosters Rugby League club, I ride a Yamaha XJR 1200, and do a stint on the local community radio station where I spin some blues and rock.
Well, thats Spanner.
Who are you?

Spanner :chug:

Hi Spanner,

Tell me how did you do the chilli beer? My cousin made it by placing the chilli in the bottle before capping and that worked well. Did you use real chilli's?

Cheers
Jimmy8

Hi guys,

Ive been floating around for a while, soaking up some of the fine hints and info to found on the site, Ive been helped out a few times by some knowledgable members, and stuck my two bobs worth in too, Ive been brewing for around 10 years on and off, mostly off due to life getting the way, all brews have been K&K to date, however recently ive been using a temp controlled ferment and some nice yeast and so on, and the results have improved my brews out of sight, all due to info found here. I am planning a partial next and hope to move to the AG scene in the future. Thanks all for a great site! :beer:

Ive just moved up to cairns, and would like to know what kind of brew scene is up here, PM me if you are in the area, and want to have a HB :party:

hey people im new on this forum and new to home brews. ive only put down 2 brews so far and im looking to improve them...
im from adelaide. my other hobies allso include photography, restoring old cars and bad spelling. i love to learn new things and that the man resion im on the forum to learn how to do this properly lol

welcome jimmy, flyinhi and carnige.

Carnige your in the right place. few things to improve is like flyinhi said, Get temp control sorted, use better yeast, use a bit of crystal, add additional hops. Then from there you can go to extract and make your own recipes from scratch then from there go all grain and your boundaries to what you can do to a beer is endless.

yer my first 2 have been ok but i have just followed the instructions on the packet. they are a little bitter for my liking but ill have to work on that, im wonting to end up in a year or so to make my own molt. i know how but havnt put it into practise yet lol

I just started this about a month ago. LOVE my beer, drink about half a carton everyday. I used to race speedway sidecars and flat track quads, held a few Australian tittles in both. Ride an FZR1000, love love love motorbikes!! Also got a speedboat that set the world record on water in 1972 for 106mph. I am a mechanic and have been for 21 years. I also love to scuba dive but haven't done it in years. I am brewing 8 fermenters at the moment and love to try new beers and new methods!!! I have a crazy woman that rules me with an iron fist but I still love her. Got 5 kids, 4 boys and 1 girl, love them to death and would die for them in a heartbeat!!! I love living on the Gold Coast. I love tattoos and I do them myself and my missus does them as well, I love colouring myself in and my current mission is to finish the flames on my right forearm. Nuff said.

Hi all been brewing since 1994 travelled the world to drink great beers and check out brewhouses
my 3v grain system was retired 4 years ago at mark #4 stage and has been in bits ever since.
Am on the cusp of cashing out and buying a Braumeister so i can stop using wort kits and make my own from scratch again(and still look after the kids and brew inside safely for all concerned.)
Grow hops and want to grow more fed my chooks the spent grain used to compete in comps and do well,batched brewed with my mate the head brewer from little creatures,cook teach cookery and am writting a short brewing course for an introduction to kit brewing that will hopefully kick off next year.Thinking of butchering my old brewery and flogging it off........

hi everyone,
I'm doing a research on fermenter and brewing process. I've just join this wesite, and find it amizingly interesting and helpful. You all have such broad knowledge that I start to think that I'll have to spend long, long time to acknowledge. Plz don't see it annoying or anything like that if i'm asking some stupid questions ;

Web Development

not at all hippo we all started from where you are right now and most didnt have a site like this to fall back on. One good thing if you follow the people here and listen your first brew will be good (unlike my first few attempts)

Hello Friends ,

I am newbie and I am from Melbourne.I am new to Homebrews.I am very extrovert in nature and I love to visit places with my friends.
I like to go Disco,pubs,bars .Other then this I love Music too,especially I like Enrique songs.
I am very new in this forum and I really enjoyed here. :rolleyes:

Hi! The name is strongbeer. Short-time brewer, first time poster :D . Have done a few of coopers kits when i started home-brewing a couple of years ago. Moved to grain brewing about a year and a half ago when where i was working the foreman brewed with grain. Bought a fridge with temp control which is in my shed. Is trying to get the missus to let me buy a keg set-up (hopefully at xmas time).
Hopefully i can be of some help to new brewers, and more experienced brewers can be of some help to me.
Gonna have more of a look-around this site now.

:icon_cheers:

Hi everyone,

I started brewing when I inherited my Dad's kit that he was no longer using.
I'm still on my L plates just doing kit & kilo brews with finishing hops teabags being as adventurous as I've gotten.
I've already learnt heaps off this site & am keen to learn a shitload more !

I live in south east Queensland so my next purchase will deff be a temp control fridge so that I can brew more than 4-5 months of the year, danm heat !

My brews so far have all been lagers & pilseners but I have started to branch out now and currently have a wheat beer in the fermenter and plans to buy an ale for my next one.
Also going to brew my Dad a stout or similar for a xmas present, my taste has not evolved to like stout just yet.

I love trying new beers, some of my favs are - Samuel Adams Boston Lager, Hoegaarden, Budvar, Urquell, Palaner Munich Lager, Scofferhoffer Hefewiessen.

I'm sure I'll be asking you all some pretty dumb questions so be prepared haha

Cheers

G'day Sam and All,

Mutton Chops is my moniker, I've been brewing for all of about 4 months but I'm absolutely hooked and have spent that time researching as much as possible, this site in particular being the holy grail :beerbang: (John Palmer's How To Brew arrived the other day in the post and I highly recommend it for the budding amateur especially while the exchange rate is so good).
Work as an electrician/instruments tech in heavy industry, married with our first rugrat due by the end of the month - life's about to change I keep getting told! - so I've been doing my best to get a few brews ready for the summer. Only managed the one K&K before I jumped straight into Extracts, I've got a Kolsch variation of a recipe I found on here almost ready to bottle (2 1/2 week ferment and counting...smelling good) and will be putting down Neill's Centenarillo next. Absolutely loving it.

Cheers

Hi everyone

Pretty much done brewing for about 3 years now and just got into kegging now. so yeah hope to get much better knowledge on this forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back