Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Forums PracticalFool and Peakydh.

It is indeed a slippery slope this brewing, but its a great ride!

Well I love the sound of my own voice (so to speak) so I might as well post here as well.

I love this site, great ideas, shit ideas, experts and egos. Many years ago I was a regular on the old Grumpys forum and used AHB as a sort of supplementary area. Since then of course it's use, worth and growth has gone through the roof.

I decided to formally get it on the action just over a week ago as I have been brewing with unhopped extracts and grains and have found that I got to the stage that I was using 4 kgs of grains and 500gms of extract...what's the point? haha.

Then I made a mash tun. I can't walk past it without stopping and looking in it, and with the price of grain I am doing a brew almost every week (I have a phenomenal number of bottles and between myself and my barter system with friends we get through a prodigious amount of brew each month...would love to keg but that will need to wait a while yet).

My introductory philosophical post was an attempt at an observation of this forum over the last few years. Some people are maybe a bit precious about using search functions etc before posting. It may be boring to read very basic questions, but the point of a forum is that it is interactive. If you just wanted to search and not interact then you probably wouldn't have registered. I try my best to find my own answers (mostly to avoid looking like too much of a d*ckhead), but some people are not all that internet savy and would prefer to get direct answers, and I can't fault them for that.

So we have brewers that are chemists, we have brewers that are alchemists, we have brewers making cheap piss, and then we have a heap of us floating around in between who just want a good product (and to have fun making it).

So, I am restricted financially but am just now moving formally into AG having dabbled for the last few months in limbo (only got a 16L pot etc). Still, with beersmith and some determination I have produced some decent brews (12L AG batch anyone?).

I am useless with practical tasks but converted my 55L esky into a mash tun with a ball and valve tap and 1m of 1/2" SS braid which looks sexy enough. My tax return is going to get me a decent size kettle and a gas burner.

Anyway, love the site (warts and all), if I piss anyone off along the way I apologise in advance, but as was pointed out to me by my best friend, this is the kind of forum where we are all likely to encounter inebriated contributers (myself included).

________________________ (insert your own motivational words of wisdom/signing off slogan),

Lecterfan.

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to say g'day to everyone here, I've been lurking for the past few weeks and have just gotten my first two brews underway with tomorrow set aside for number three. I scored a two great kits on ebay from some really nice blokes and got more than my money's worth in tips when I went to pick up the gear :)

Right now I feel like my brain has gone from a humble stubbie to a jumbo 2L CUB of brewing info all thanks to this forum so I really just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone here for sharing all your tips and tricks, it's a huge help and an inspiration and now that I've got the bug I expect to be brewing for many years to come!

G'Day All

My Name is Phil and I live in Adelaide

just getting started with Home Brew done 1 batch so far and just bottled my 2nd so far
have the Coppers kit so far.

looking forward to experimenting a bit more once I get the hang of it all

so far there is soooo much info on here have been enjoying lurking about however I though I should join up.

G'Day All

My Name is Phil and I live in Adelaide

just getting started with Home Brew done 1 batch so far and just bottled my 2nd so far
have the Coppers kit so far.

looking forward to experimenting a bit more once I get the hang of it all

so far there is soooo much info on here have been enjoying lurking about however I though I should join up.

Welcome Phil

Lucky for you SA has a very healthy homebrewing scene. Can't say I have met all of 'em but I have had a beer or ten with the ones worth knowing. Although watchout for Muckey as he can drain kegs like no tomorrow. Call into Beer Belly here http://www.beerbelly.com.au/ and make yourself known to Mr Grumpy Pants (aka WaynePoo, he likes being called WaynePoo BTW).

Watch the slippery slope with this hobby and make great beer!

Chap Chap

Hi guys been lurking for a while lots of good info on here thanks in advance for any info I get to improve my brewing experience. I've been brewing K&K and K&B for about 6 years now. Looking to do an all grain brew soon just havent decided on what yet got a keg that im going to chop up into keggle, probably do a BIAB as it seems pretty simple.
Happy brewing.

Welcome Phil

Lucky for you SA has a very healthy homebrewing scene. Can't say I have met all of 'em but I have had a beer or ten with the ones worth knowing. Although watchout for Muckey as he can drain kegs like no tomorrow. Call into Beer Belly here http://www.beerbelly.com.au/ and make yourself known to Mr Grumpy Pants (aka WaynePoo, he likes being called WaynePoo BTW).

Watch the slippery slope with this hobby and make great beer!

Chap Chap

thanks for that I was reading abut beer belly today and am planing on going to see them one day soon

Gday all.
My name is rotten, have been brewing for 4 years. Put my 3rd AG down friday night after brewing k&k, K&B, Partials. AG is awesome. I haven't used this site much although decided it was time to 'get stuck in' after receiving very useful advice from another forum.

Will try not to cause too much trouble

Cheers

Gday all,

My name is BDB, over the last three months i have come from no brew to K&K to K&B to AG.

Having heaps of fun and would like to thank everyone for their assistance.

Special mention to fergthebrewer who has been kind enough to run what i like to call the brewers help line!!

I only have one regret and that is not having a go earlier :eek:

Cheers and thanks again BDB :party:

Gidday, I'm new here and thought I would introduce myself.
Spanner's the name. I've been homebrewing now for a couple of years. First got into it 'cause it was cheap and my old man gave me a fermenter and stuff. Havn't turned bback since.
I have made a lot of different beers, all out of the can, and find Black Rock, Beermakers and Coopers to be the most exciting. I have made Wheats, Bocks, Pilsener, Stouts, Lager, Olds and all in between.
I once made an Old-style beer with 75grams of Milo in it and it was lovely!!
I have also made a chilli beer that I was rather impressed with.
I am also a huge fan of the Sydney Roosters Rugby League club, I ride a Yamaha XJR 1200, and do a stint on the local community radio station where I spin some blues and rock.
Well, thats Spanner.
Who are you?

Spanner :chug:

Great job Spanner, over seven years sinse you started this thread!!!! :beerbang:

Hi All Im Kaspa,
Ive been a member on this forum for s while but havent posted anything yet so i think its time I introduce myself
Ive been brewing for the last 2years or so, I started with a coopers home brew kit, initialy to save money but now Im no longer a fan of cheep comercial beer. :icon_vomit: Im still brewing from kits(dont hold that against me) but definatly not following the instructions on the back of the can...

I just bought myself the best tax return present ever....a keg setup, just finnished drinking the first keg today... :icon_drunk:

I recently came back from a trip to Europe where we visited Pague for the 3rd time.....BEER HEAVEN!!!! I could move there just for the Pilsner urquell :icon_cheers:

anyhow I live in SE Melbourne so anyone close by is welcome to drop me a line for a few shared cold ones.

see ya round the forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I never met a beer I didnt drink" (exept VB)

greetings and salutations..

my names Jase i live on the beautiful south coast of nsw..
been back into brewing for 18months thanks to my bro in law Ross..
it's also thanks to him that i have a large quantity and variety of hops in the freezer and yeast in the fridge :icon_cheers:

i mainly do extracts all been ales barring the last 2 lagers..and have done a few wheat beers
partial to amarillo and have just discovered citra..
at the moment i'm drinking a saaz bittering with amarillo finishing..

Ross is trying to convert me to all grain, thus my log-in
"towards the dark side"..we will have to wait and see..hehehe

see you in the forums :beer:

G'day, I'm Greg, live south of Brisbane, newbie home brewer, big thumbs up to this site.

Welcome aboard guys.

Plenty of cool stuff here & plenty of guys with great brewing knowledge :drinks:

I just bought myself the best tax return present ever....a keg setup, just finnished drinking the first keg today... icon_drunk.gif

Watch out for those buggers, they seem to multiply like rabbits....

Enjoy the hobby/obsession :beerbang:

Happy brewing
Goldy

Hi AHB members,

My name is Jan and has come back to brewing after a 3 year break, and this time I am entering into it with a group of boys. I live in the south of Brisbane and am currently brewing kits but have played around with partials in the past with little mixed success. I am looking forward to getting back in brewing great beers and experimenting with ingredients and the processes. This weekend I will put down a coopers pale as I did have reasonable success with this in the past.

Thanks Jan.

Welcome aboard Jan, I also had a 3 year break from brewing and then found this forum. Be aware you may just get yourself in deep with this brewing gig if you hang around here.

Cheers
Gavo.

Hi Guys,

I'm lordofthebottleshop, and as the names suggest I've been keepin g the local bottle-o in business for quite some time :icon_drunk: . Long time reader, first time posting, I've been brewing for a couple of years now and I'm putting on my first all-grain tomorrow (Dr Smurto's Golden Ale) and hoping I don't butcher it. Wish me luck!

Cheers!

Hi & welcome LOTB!

The good Doctor's recipe should see you in good stead, no doubt about it, but if you like ESBs then his other highly- coveted Landlord is also a winner! You're in luck if you do- Wyeast 1469PC should be available again in a few weeks. :icon_cheers:

G'day to all the guys from AHN, have seen a few here, I got into homebrewing after getting inspired by the thread over there, My name over there is 1holegroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back