Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gday all,

Just joined up here the other day & thought I had better do the intro thing. My name is Ken I live in Mackay Qld. & have been brewing on & off for about 12 years but only with kits. This time around I am doing it with kits with specialty grains & using this as a stepping stone to get into all grain mashes, & hopefully build a HERMS setup.
Hope to talk to you all sometime soon. :beer:

welcome to ahb guys.looks like quite a few qlders are joining up.

cheers
big d

Hi all

I'm Adam. Been brewing kit stuff off and on the last 3 years. Getting back into it know as my house and gardens are finished. Thanks to everyone for such a great site.I've read a book or two but there's nothing like other peoples experiences. Really want to get into grains but not quite sure what to do. I'm sure this place will have the answers. Looking into kegging at the moment also. Had no disasters so far but there's still alot of brewing to do. Currently brewing a canadian blonde(sunday). Might do a chzec pils next.

Thanks

Adam

Hi Folks

Thought I'd better do the intro thing.

I've been brewing on and off (mostly off unfortunately) for 10 years, mostly extract and specialty grain with some meads thrown in for variety. The brewing is curerntly in an 'on' stage and getting more serious mostly because brewing in the kitchen is too hard with sprogs running around so I figure if I am going to set up an outdoor brewery I might as well set up an all grain outdoor brewery...

I was looking for all grain info when I stumbled across this very cool forum and joined on the spot.

Currently in the fermenters - grapefruit mead, strawberry mead and cyser. Next batch to go on - a nice nut brown ale for the winter. And maybe a stout as well.

Cheers
Dave

Welcome Ads7 & Airgead :beer:

Airgead, please include where you are residing in your info....

G'day all,
I just joined the other week. Already learned many helpful things.

I've brewing for only a couple of months and have done 5 brews. Just started steeping grains and using liquid yeasts. Getting very hooked. The house is already filling up with beer bottles everywhere.

Kieren

Ross said:
Welcome Ads7 & Airgead :beer:

Thanks Ross.

Ross said:
Airgead, please include where you are residing in your info....
[post="54102"][/post]​

Done. I was working out all the profile stuff as you posted.

Hi Ross

Thx for the welcome. I was just drinking cub draught and Since ive been drinking my own stuff lately, I noticed it smellsfruity and like creek water.. here's tyo my cheap but pure er brew hey. looking at getting away from kits. been to how 2 brew . com. after doing specialty grain for initial ferm, what sugar or grain should i use to prime? could you please dir3ec t me to a site that talks metric .

thanx in advance

Adam

Hi im Stu,

Im 28 and live near Midland in Western Australia. I have been brewing almost constantly for a 3-4 yrs now. Beginning in kit and kilo fashion, with brands like coopers, beermakers, malt shovel, in a range of styles. Also during this time I have tried many different commercial beer styles, some favourites being hoegaarden, and little creatures pale ale. All with the purpose of seeking a wonderful tasting brew(s). I have read thru a few books including Palmers "how to brew", which are very helpful. I mainly brew now with the brand esb , often being the bavarian wheat style, as its more similar to hoegaarden than any other beer i have brewed. I have not yet graduated from the kit or dry yeast sachets, however im interested in culturing yeast from a bottle, or trying a liquid yeast, and trying out some of the recipes and tips posted on this great forum. I am also collecting bottles from different beers around the world, though there are only around 15-20 or so at the moment

hope to be able to add something to this site in the future

cheers! :beerbang:

Welcome stu to the madness. It's good to see another Perthvert in here.

So guys....when is the next perth brewday, so we can meet these people? The weather is getting cool enough by now.

Hi there name is Alex

Ive been a bit of a lurker but decided to brake the ice and introduce myself.

I started h/b about 2 years ago after my father started and got me interested. I didnt really like that "homeberew" taste and thought by using "brewers sugar" would give me that "real" beer taste.
After my second brew got infected I gave up until the start of this year, and since finding this site and grumpys I have been brewing as much as possible. Ive started on the grumpys masterbrews and am keen to go AG in the future.

I am normally a coopers drinker and usually drink lots of pale ale, sparkling, and stout.
But I have also got a taste now for the european type of lager and pilsenors.

My next step is getting a keg system underway I have a freezer with a new thermostat ready so hopefully I wont be to far away from getting that organised.

I have learnt alot from this site and enjoy looking at the different brew equipment that everyone has.

Anyway enough rambling from me and I hope to learn from and maybe add something to AHB inthe future.

LX :beer:

Howdy folks

Introduced to this place by my good mate Snow. Think I might be a novelty on the forum being from the Deep North and female? :D

Anyhoo, fiance and I are gumbies in the home brew bizo, but we're keen learners, so be gentle with us!

We've started off with a Cooper's kit, and it hasn't taken us long to get sick of bottling. We've done a couple of Pale brews, a back to back which had a good bit of substance and a Canadian Blonde, which was nice n crisp, very refreshing for up here, and produced some outstanding burps :lol:

We've just bought a house (yet to move in) and it comes with a couple of old fridges. We are blessed! So of course, we will be using these for the new hobby. We're also having a brew theme for the bathroom that we'll be renovating, so we'll be sourcing some gear for that too.

There are two brew shops that I know of up here - one reckons we can buy a keg setup for a fridge for just under $500, but I reckon we can do better, so excuse some bleedingly obvious questions down the track. I'll try to do my research first though!

Cheers all

welcome to the site caffiend42

good to see another territorian on the site,grand total of about 3-4 now. ;)

cheers
big d

I spurpose it's my turn to fill in this bit. Have been putting it off.

My name is Brent, I'm 28 and I'm from Buttaba, West Lake Maquarie or just abit south west of Newcastle NSW.

My interest in home brewing started when I used to work with a guy who once posted on this forum whose enthusiasm for brewing was huge. (nic was Wasabi if he still lurks around here somewhere) I was inspired but never got the opportunity to do it till after he left to study brewing at Uni.
Anyway got a Coopers micro brewery kit for my birthday off my wife last june who thought it would be a one or two brew wonder..... what a mistake. And it's just snowballed from there. Within 3 brews had bought a second fermentor for bulk priming and a glass carboy (which is one of my prized possesions) for secondary and cc. Built brewing cabnets and other stuff to make life easier.
I can't read enough about brewing to be satisfied. I used to build and fly model planes but now they sit on the shelf while this hobby keeps evolving. The workshop I set up to build them certainly is usefull for this hobby too.

Started with a few simple kits, have done some ESB kits and extract brews and a few Grumpy's M/brews but just this weekend have gone partial mash wiezen bier. The AG brewery is both well planned and under construction. Have built a mill as you have seen ) and the small mash tuns with the big ones still in the workshop. I am an Industrial designer by profession so design stuff all day but it's nice to design build stuff for yourself that's both pretty and practical.
Have been using liquids, both cultured and wyeast for alot of this time also.
I am sick of bottles but with 2 kids under 28 months thats all that budgets allow for these days.

Favorite styles include German wheats, belgian abbeys and lookalikes and of course the APA and stout are runners up.

Anyway enough talking about me for a while, I'll let someone else have a go.

Great site and look forward to having everyones wisdom imparted on me in due course.

Cheers

Borret

Only just spotted this thread, maybe I have gone about things arse about tit...sorry.

I am a total novice homebrewer and found this site while googling for information to help with my new coopers microkit I bought last weekend.

I am a pom living in Ipswich, QLD and love this country but lothe the beer, hence the interest in homebrew.

Thats me in a nutshell. Thanks for having me.

Greetings,

Another lurker comes out of the closet. :D

I'm a deadset newbie to the art of homebrewing, or is it a science?

I currently have my fourth attempt in the fermenter, a Coopers stout with modifications suggested by this site.

The first, a lager that came with the kit is drinkable, as is the second, a ginger beer. I couldn't get the last hint of ginger out of the fermenter so I bought another kit and brewed a pilsner which has yet to be tried.

I have a lot to learn, and you guys (non-gender specific term) have started me on this voyage of discovery.

Cheers

caffiend42 said:
Howdy folks

Introduced to this place by my good mate Snow. Think I might be a novelty on the forum being from the Deep North and female? :D

Anyhoo, fiance and I are gumbies in the home brew bizo, but we're keen learners, so be gentle with us!

We've started off with a Cooper's kit, and it hasn't taken us long to get sick of bottling. We've done a couple of Pale brews, a back to back which had a good bit of substance and a Canadian Blonde, which was nice n crisp, very refreshing for up here, and produced some outstanding burps :lol:

We've just bought a house (yet to move in) and it comes with a couple of old fridges. We are blessed! So of course, we will be using these for the new hobby. We're also having a brew theme for the bathroom that we'll be renovating, so we'll be sourcing some gear for that too.

There are two brew shops that I know of up here - one reckons we can buy a keg setup for a fridge for just under $500, but I reckon we can do better, so excuse some bleedingly obvious questions down the track. I'll try to do my research first though!

Cheers all
[post="55318"][/post]​

Welcome to the forum, Caffiend. Glad to see you finally got off your backside and signed up! :D You'll find you're not the only female on the board, so you're not unique (..in gender that is - you're definitely unique in your own special way! :lol: ). I like your avatar - good advice to all new brewers!

Cheers - Snow

G'day you lot ,I've been in and out of this site heaps and thought I'd better out myself...... I like Borret come from beautiful Lake Macquarie but on the other side at Belmont. I use to brew years ago in bottles (and have lots of scars on my hands to prove it!) I have been wanting to get into kegs for quite a while and me darling little wifey bought me a Tooheys keg system (coupler,gauges,tap etc) for birthday, so any knowledge I had has left me and I'm doing plenty of reading on here and other sites (this is by far the best!!) that I come across. I'm open to suggestions on a good reference book on brewing. I'm about to put down my first brew for over 13yrs ( same age as my eldest, I knew there was reason I stopped last time) . I've been put onto Black Rock and being an ex-pat Kiwi I thought it was a good one to start on. Anyrate I'll stop waffling on and will keep reading and tapping into the" wealth of knowledge" in this site. Cheers Ted :party:

Hi, I'm Torrens. I'm 18 and new to homebrewing. I also live in Brisbane. I did it in high school and made ginger beer. It was really good. And i was on a car forum a while ago and discover this forum and thats how i'm here.

G'day and welcome Ted and Bozza.

Ted, good to see another Newcastle brewer on the AHB forum. We'll be taking over the place soon :p You asked about a good book? Try John Palmer's 'How to Brew', available from good home brew shops and even better, you can check it out before you buy it for free online at www.howtobrew.com. Yes it is American but don't let that put you off, it's great.

Shawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back