Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G'Day Knowledgable Ones,

My name is John, I am from Perth. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site, you have all certainly helped me out. I have only been brewing for 6 months or so and have just been given the go ahead by the missus for the purchase of an urn . Seeing as tho no one i know has died lately i hope she knew i was talking about an electrical water boiling urn.

I hope to able to contribute stupid questions to boost others ego's as i learn. And once again cheers for the free knowledge and occasional giggle.

DrinkBeer

G'Day Knowledgable Ones,

My name is John, I am from Perth. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site, you have all certainly helped me out. I have only been brewing for 6 months or so and have just been given the go ahead by the missus for the purchase of an urn . Seeing as tho no one i know has died lately i hope she knew i was talking about an electrical water boiling urn.

I hope to able to contribute stupid questions to boost others ego's as i learn. And once again cheers for the free knowledge and occasional giggle.

DrinkBeer

Welcome to the forum!

Hi all.

My name is Ben and I'm from Wollongong (sort of). Actually, I've been traveling around Oz and the world for some years now, but Wollongong is my base and the place I feel most at home.
I am just home from my most recent trip, which was to the USA for the Burning Man Festival in the Black Rock Desert, Nevada. It was sort of a pilgrimage for me and my partner and probably one of the best experiences of my life!

I've been brewing extract beers for years, and I've been told they are quite nice too. But seeing as I'm planing on staying in the one place for a time, I figure it's time to start venturing into all grain and partial brews. With a little help from all the friendly people on this forum and some close friends in the Gong, I'm hoping for the same success I had with my extract beers.
I hope my experiences with brewing can help others who are starting out too.
This forum is an amazing resource and I've all ready gained a lot just from briefly reading through some posts.

So in the next couple of days I'm going to attempt my first partial, a small batch, using the BIAB method as soon as I can construct my grain bag. I'm going to try for a Weizenbock.
Wish me luck! :icon_cheers:

Cya
~BEN~

G'day

I'm new to this site, but have been brewing for about 4 years - managed to bottle 37 brews in that time, and have drunk them all!

I started making my own because I couldn't find the style of beer I like in Australia - I've been in Australia 6 years but am from the Westcountry in England, and have been brought up on hoppy pale ale with minimal bubbles served at cellar temperature. I'm still a kit-and-bits brewer, but I've made some reasonably good beers within that limitation, and am happy to experiment with flavours and styles when I can.

I like the general style and knowledge of this site, and hope to make full use of it over time.

Cheers
Lee

G'day

I'm new to this site, but have been brewing for about 4 years - managed to bottle 37 brews in that time, and have drunk them all!

I started making my own because I couldn't find the style of beer I like in Australia - I've been in Australia 6 years but am from the Westcountry in England, and have been brought up on hoppy pale ale with minimal bubbles served at cellar temperature. I'm still a kit-and-bits brewer, but I've made some reasonably good beers within that limitation, and am happy to experiment with flavours and styles when I can.

I like the general style and knowledge of this site, and hope to make full use of it over time.

Cheers
Lee

Wecome to the Forum Pombadier.

I'm sure you'll find your self in great company here. Plenty of Lads here enjoy the "Old" country style of beers. Mind you 37 brews and nuthin' to show for it sounds like you are one of us already! Plenty of good kits and bits recipes on the database to try. Ask heaps of questions and share the love of brewing.

BTW can we have the Ashes back? Everyone in Oz knows you guys cheated :ph34r:

Chappo

Hey Ben, Keep us updated on your AG quest! Welcome.

Pombadier, it would seem Chappo is already onto you... Oh, dear... good luck brother! ;) :lol:

Oh and welcome - post up!

Hi all.

My name is Ben and I'm from Wollongong (sort of). Actually, I've been traveling around Oz and the world for some years now, but Wollongong is my base and the place I feel most at home.
I am just home from my most recent trip, which was to the USA for the Burning Man Festival in the Black Rock Desert, Nevada. It was sort of a pilgrimage for me and my partner and probably one of the best experiences of my life!

I've been brewing extract beers for years, and I've been told they are quite nice too. But seeing as I'm planing on staying in the one place for a time, I figure it's time to start venturing into all grain and partial brews. With a little help from all the friendly people on this forum and some close friends in the Gong, I'm hoping for the same success I had with my extract beers.
I hope my experiences with brewing can help others who are starting out too.
This forum is an amazing resource and I've all ready gained a lot just from briefly reading through some posts.

So in the next couple of days I'm going to attempt my first partial, a small batch, using the BIAB method as soon as I can construct my grain bag. I'm going to try for a Weizenbock.
Wish me luck! :icon_cheers:

Cya
~BEN~

HELLO

what are your thoughts on the Illawarra Steelers de-merging from the pathetic St George Goons and striking a deal with the mighty Cronulla Sharks?

We could rule together I say! And become the mightly Steel-Sharks! Impenetrable by forces known to nature! A junior force to be reckoned with! That maiden premiership would be a given I say! what say ye? Put it here brother

HELLO

what are your thoughts on the Illawarra Steelers de-merging from the pathetic St George Goons and striking a deal with the mighty Cronulla Sharks?

We could rule together I say! And become the mightly Steel-Sharks! Impenetrable by forces known to nature! A junior force to be reckoned with! That maiden premiership would be a given I say! what say ye? Put it here brother

ROFLMAO!

Wecome to the Forum Pombadier.

I sure you'll find your self in great company here. Plenty of Lads here enjoy the "Old" country style of beers. Mind you 37 brews and nuthin' to show for it sounds like you are one of us already! Plenty of good kits and bits recipes on the database to try. Ask heaps of questions and share the love of brewing.

BTW can we have the Ashes back? Everyone in Oz knows you guys cheated :ph34r:

Chappo

Well, I have just a couple of bottles held back, more to check progress over time. I brew because I like to drink it and to share it, not to enter into shows, or because I really want to spend a few hours in the kitchen when I could be painting the dining room, or any of that crap!

Have had some great (well, I think) results from just piling ingredients together, on a wing and a prayer - including an Aussie Pale Ale brewed in a Somerset stylee, and a couple of after-dinner beers to be drunk as you might Port. For me, its all about having something to drink that you like.

And if you want the Ashes back, play better :D

Hi all...

I'm a pretty much brand new brewer... (I convinced my mate that his dad should lay of brewing ginger beer so we could have his kit.)

So far we've put down 2 brews neither of which have tasted very good at all. (I'll be posting for help in the newbie section if you feel kind hearted :huh: )

Anyway hoping to make some good quality beer soon and this place looks like the place to be to make good beer.
Cheers.

Hi all...

I'm a pretty much brand new brewer... (I convinced my mate that his dad should lay of brewing ginger beer so we could have his kit.)

So far we've put down 2 brews neither of which have tasted very good at all. (I'll be posting for help in the newbie section if you feel kind hearted :huh: )

Anyway hoping to make some good quality beer soon and this place looks like the place to be to make good beer.
Cheers.

you'll be making good brew soon enough and then give it a few months and you'll redefine what good brew is

hi everyone
i have been around the forum for a while
i have finaly been balssy enough to introduce myself
my name is Nath and i come from canberra
i live in what is known as north cooma (extream south Canberra)
i realy would like to make the moove to AG but dont have the room plus i am renting
i have one child named Hayden and one on the way due in Feb
i am doing kits an bits atm just like my old man
but i realy like the different flavers and aromas that you get out of home brew
i am trying to get my bar/keggerator setup going

any way thats about it

Cheers

Nath

BTW i am an electrican by trade if any one needs help

Ya another Lecco to help gang up on these bloody fitters and Boilies on here.......... not to mention the IT lot :lol:

Welcome aboard brother!

i wont gang up on anyone unless its called for like puting an earth where an active or a neautral should be

Hello all! Got a basic starting kit for my birthday in August and I've done the munich lager that came with it, and a two can mix. Still finding my feet, but I reckon I'll stick with kits for now until I get a handle on BIAB.

G'day all,

I've been brewing a few years now. Live in Brisbane but will most likely be moving back to Canberra in the next 6 months.

I mainly make AG's but also make partials. I found once I made the change over I cant go back to kits and kilo's.

Have been using this site as a great resource and am always impressed with the amount of knowledge and experience that people are so willing to share!

Will be attending the big QLD christmas case swap and am looking forward to meeting some fello brewers.

Ya another Lecco to help gang up on these bloody fitters and Boilies on here.......... not to mention the IT lot :lol:

Welcome aboard brother!

pfft you sparkies use IT equipment to badmouth us...

HELLO

Weellll... I grew up in Penrith, so the Steel Panthers sound better to me.
Maybe we could use this as our theme song:

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back