Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Peter,

What part of Brizzy?.....

welcome aboard peter. ;) hope you find this site of interest.im sure you will
keith where do i start....try and get together with our other foreign corespondent kook.as pol says its good to have our ahb camra inputs.

cheers
big d

wish my wife scored a pommy job.

Thanks for the welcome guys.
I guess it would be a bit funny if I was not a masher with my nick. Although I still make quite a few Kits up, after all Beer is Beer and I try not to get too hung up on how people come up with the end result. As long as the beer is nice I'll drink it of course.

I especially like the coopers heritage lager made with a white labs yeast though, and I cant help myself Ive gotta play with the hops as well.

4077M*A*S*H

Mash... Look forward to catching up for a beer...

4077M*A*S*H said:
I am an all grain brewer
[post="51738"][/post]​

Hi MASH,
Where did you learn about all grain brewing?
Just interested as most of us started AG from this site

Batz

G'day Mates,
(I hope that expression is still cool)

My name is John Palmer, and I live in Monrovia, California which is about 20 minutes thru moderate traffic from Los Angeles. I have always had the nagging suspicion that being from LA would hurt my credibility, make me seem fake. "I'm not really a brewer, I just play one on TV." :D Don't know what the outside world's perception of LA is....

I have been all-grain brewing for about 10 years, okay, 14, and wrote a book about homebrewing which several of you may be aware of. Reason I wrote it is because I hated readinng posts on the internet where people would describe making bad beer (or making beer badly). Just makes me cringe. :beerbang:

I am an engineer and took an engineering approach to brewing to try and define what each step is supposed to accomplish. I am not the world's best brewer, nor the world's most experienced brewer. Far from it. I often ask advice from other people about various things. So, anytime you have a question, don't assume my word is gospel. Like boiling/sterilizing bottle caps. I used to, but I don't any more. Hasn't been a problem. But on the otherhand, I do try to have solid references for anything I do recommend. Like I said, engineer. B)

Good Brewing,
John

G'day cobber, nice to have you on board.

Hi Batz,
Honestly I got into grain brewing about 5 years ago, when I was in sydney for a holiday, there I met Mel Robson (ESB) and I watched a mashing demo at the randwick shop. I thought to my self "hey this stuff looks a bit of alright" not to mention the taste was out of this world.
So while I mash beer now, I still knock out a fair few kits and extract brews. Like I said earlier Beer is Beer and I don't get hung up on how people come up with the end product.

Thanks Mate,

Peter

PS> John Dude (hopes that word is still cool in US)

Your word is gospel to us mate> someone here even called you HIGH PRIEST PALMER I cant put my finger on who. LMFAO.

John Palmer, you are a bit of a legend around here. I have read heaps of posts saying how do i do this? and the reply is read John Palmers book or visit his website. It will be great to have you here and i hope you feel welcome.

Scotty

hi Mash and John -

I have a personally autographed copy of your book John...

Now i get to talk/chat on this web site with "The Man" B)

How cool...

Thanks Guys!
(Dude is a bit passe for general use, although still acceptable in a beach setting) ;)

I am going to have to show these accolades to my wife and kids. "See!? other people think I am cool!" :D

Gotta get back to work now (sigh),
John

I am going to have to show these accolades to my wife and kids. "See!? other people think I am cool!"

Hi John, you know what would be really cool, If you moved to Australia and became an Aussie Citizen. That would be like mmm "Wayyyy cool dude" "totaly AWWSUM" :p

Oh shit Ive run out of Keanu Reeves "Point Break" Quotes. :(

:beer:

G'day folks

Novice brewer, putting down my third today, a dark ale

Have enjoyed greatly the shared tips & experience on this site

Cheers

I'm Bernard, and I live in Rockhampton, QLD. I have just bottled my 3rd brew, and I can drink the first two while keeping a straight face. I am now imposing a pause, reflect & improve phase to ensure that my next brew could possibly be drunk by a third party without inducing nausea.

I am building a control box that will allow a PC to programatically control my recently acquired brewing fridge, as well as a light bulb I'll install inside the fridge. I have found useful discussion on this topic within the FAQ forum.

I have found some quality, though frequently contractictory, advice on these forums and look forward to harvesting gems of wisdom in the future. Gems of wisdom seem to be an important beer ingredient.

Hi beerpig and beerisgood, welcome to the asylum :)

Beerpig said:
G'day folks

Novice brewer, putting down my third today, a dark ale

Have enjoyed greatly the shared tips & experience on this site

Cheers
[post="51829"][/post]​

Beerpig

Welcome! Can you fill out your city/suburb in your profile. If you ever need hands on help and we know where you are, it makes it easier.

Cheers
Pedro

Thanks Pedro

Hopefully the profile update worked (I am also a computer novice)

Cheers

BeerIsGood said:
I'm Bernard, and I live in Rockhampton, QLD. I have just bottled my 3rd brew, and I can drink the first two while keeping a straight face. I am now imposing a pause, reflect & improve phase to ensure that my next brew could possibly be drunk by a third party without inducing nausea.

See that guy jjpalmer a few posts up? He's written what i believe is the best book in the world for new brewers. Go buy it, it's called how-to-brew, or you can read an online (older) version at http://www.howtobrew.com
My beers improved 500% after reading just the first few chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back