Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day all
Better introduce myself - name's shmick.
Live on NSW Central Coast and work in Newcastle
Started brewing K&K's 18 years ago (the new blokes have it so easy now ;) ). Last few years extract + grains.
Decidided to get serious and into all grain a short while ago so I started reading this forum - very helpful.
I'm sure I'll have a few questions along the way and I'll help out where I can.

Welcome Shmick. Fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride!

Lately half the responses to NRB's posts are about his avatar, seems she is overshadowing him in more ways than one!

Tell me about it Trevor! I'm contemplating a change, but I think she'd be sadly missed...

Howdy all. My name is Macr and I have been brewing for days now. At least 5. I live in Newcastle and drink most beers, but I do love Newccy brown and Redback. I also love my black bears. Guiness, Beamish and Cascade Stout, which I only had for the first time the other week. Hoping to learn a lot from you guys, so I can produce a decent quality beer. For hobbies, I enjoy RC electric aircraft, mountain biking and out door adventures.

My signon has changed from jleske to nonicman, no real reason, though a nonic is good glass. :)

nonicman said:
My signon has changed from jleske to nonicman, no real reason, though a nonic is good glass. :)
[post="49776"][/post]​

Just don't change your avatar, or I will start to get really confused :lol:

Beers,
Doc

Hi all,

Thought I'd introduce myself also...

From Brisvegas and I really enjoy a good IPA, it's my goal to brew a fine one.
I've been reading this site for a while and getting loads of good info. Started brewing about four months ago and am currently just modifying kits, working my way up to the harder stuff in time...

Thanks for the info so far guys.

captain.

So Captain, welcome, but whats with the "Brisvegas" crap. Brisbane is nice, but aint NO Vegas, of the Las variety. B) B)
Normell

normall,

I'm surprised you've never heard it called Brisvegas before...

It's a term we use to take the piss out of Brisbane and ourselves, we know very well it aint any kind of Las Vegas but we like it here anyway.

There are others that call it Brisneyland, in the hope that it's all a sick theme park and one day they'll find the exit.

Captain.

Hi all

i'm a uni student from Newcastle.
i've been brewing for around 15 years, only been kegging around 2 years.
only found this site a week ago, now i'm hooked.... :D

Offline said:
Hi all
i'm a uni student from Newcastle.
i've been brewing for around 15 years, only been kegging around 2 years.
only found this site a week ago, now i'm hooked.... :D
I guess you haven't just left high school then :p.

I'm a 32 yo all-grain brewer from Melbourne, recently relocated from Sydney. I've just got back into brewing after a bit of a break. I've spent most of my time in the US forums, but thought I should try and find some local guys to chew the malt with :)

I tend to voice my opinion when I should probably just roll my eyes, but I mean no harm...

I'm in it for the gadgets, mostly. My system is a 50L HERMS - electric keg HLT with a copper HE coil, pump, gas fired mash tun & kettle. Latest toys include 2-stage temperature controllers for fermentation, sodastream gas system (6 bottles from K-Mart at $11 each:), and a converted 240L 4-keg wheelie-bin bush bar with 4-tap font.

Looking forward to some good exchanges!

Wortgames said:
My system is a 50L HERMS - electric keg HLT with a copper HE coil, pump, gas fired mash tun & kettle. Latest toys include 2-stage temperature controllers for fermentation, sodastream gas system (6 bottles from K-Mart at $11 each:), and a converted 240L 4-keg wheelie-bin bush bar with 4-tap font.

Looking forward to some good exchanges!
[post="50346"][/post]​

In Melbourne, hmmm?
When can I come over for a look? :p

That correct 'macr' i have not just left high school.
believe it or not they call me mature :blink:
well mature age anyway.

Hi all,
Welcome to the forum, now sit down, buckle up and hang on,

I think that saying has been said before, but it is very true for the newbies to the hobby.

Cheers, good luck and happy brewing.

Wortgames

I have 3 words for you...

Photos Photos Photos !!!!

Seriously though - I'd luv to see some pics. System sound great.

cheers !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back