Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome on board guys
enjoy the ride.

cheers
big d

Gday guys,
Im relatively new to brewing, only been doing the cans for about 6 months but im loving it! Hope to learn a bit more about making great beer. And Im an engineering student, I bet Im not the only one on here!
Cheers,
Sean

welcome morry

This sight has greay people and a wealth of knowledge.
If you are into lits and bits - i have posted a spreadsheet with recipes if u r interested..do a search on Kits&Bits - u should find it...

Happy Hopping...

G'day Morry

I don't think you are the only eng. student if I remember

Cheers Batz

Thanks GMK, Ive already downloaded the kits and bits file. Having a look at it now. Ive only been looking around a short while but ive already read some very imformative posts.

Batz said:
G'day Morry

I don't think you are the only eng. student if I remember

Cheers Batz
That's cause engineering students are beer pigs. Plus the challenge of putting all those good skills to use in the art of making liquid gold is mighty attractive.

Welcom Morry, and beware. This site is very good at causing people to spend copious time, effort and money on achieving better beer. But after a few months here, i've gotta say i've learnt so much my beers are 1000% better.

morry said:
And Im an engineering student, I bet Im not the only one on here!
G'day Morry, good to see a fellow ginger beer on here :p I am sure you will find brewing is an excellent application of whatever you can learn :D

I always thought 'ginger beer' was rhyming slang for something else JasonY..... :)

not that there's anything wrong with that......

Well, I'm new here and I guess this is as good a place as any to start a minor contribution. I'm pretty new to the whole homebrew phenomenon, about 1 year now, but enjoy it greatly. I guess I've progressed to a point where I finally know enough to ask some semi-intelligent questions and after much scouring of the internet have decided this is the forum for me so, Hey what's happening?

Welcome Mandaloril

This is the only HB Forum i use.
U should fill in th elocation so we know where you are from...
Just access your control panel and update the location.

Welcome Aboard.

betta get the ozzie slang right jasonY
in my time ginger beer was slang for queer. :unsure:
these days an engineer is a fitter with his brains bashed out.batz will agree on this one im sure.
watched the monster garage convert a fire truck to a brewery today and the best saying was the brew guys can brew beer but they still cant weld the containers that make the beer. ;) :lol:
some of us have it so good. ;)

cheers
big d
who can make what the beer is made in ;)

farken hell :eek: well it was not the colloquialism that I intended :mellow: I must be too innocent or stupid :p maybee both :)

Mech engineers would be fitters with their brains removed, us elec engineers are much smarter (except for slang :( )

Hi Folks...Well Im Bunyip and I live on the Daintree River in Far North Queensland , I sopose Ive been brewing 16 years , the last 12 with the Missus , After a few years convincing she started to help with the brew day each week slowly with lots of persuasion she was doing all the bottle washing . we started brewing in 50 lt kegs about 6 years ago so that was 60 bottles a week, after a few years of that the keg system was a peice of cake . Jo does most of the brewing nowdays " We " :D brew 200lt brews and keg 4 x 50lt at a time at least one a month and now at this time 2 a month party season ahead :chug: :chug: :chug: I use steam to sterilise my kegs just need a 200lt S/S fermenter and no chemicals at all ...

Wish list 12volt tempright (for fishing) B)
1/2 doz 20 lt kegs (for ginger beer ,cider) ;)
second keg fridge (For upstairs)

We'er just simply kit brewers Ive tried heaps of them in the past but all ways use COOPERS. right on to the Canadian blonde this last 18 months or so Ive converted heaps of mates since they like ours so much...

Maybe one day when I retire we could thinkk about AG brewing . I used to do essential oil distillation and other forms of extraction and after looking around at pics here and on northern brewer I could easaly build all the bits but it s a time thing....

Anyway nice to meet you all ...

Bunyip

"Mech engineers would be fitters with their brains removed, us elec engineers are much smarter "

Nothing wrong with us mech engs Jason!!

Hi guys, thought it would be a good place for a first post.

My name is Mark and I live in Western Sydney. I work within the Telecommunications industry and drinking, car restoration, car racing, football are my major hobbies.

I started Home brewing around 10 years ago as a hobby to share with the old man. We gave it away after around a year and around 18 months ago, after talking to a friend, I brought a keg kit and started afresh.

Beer wise I normally drink Old on tap at the local and out of the stubbie I tend to go with the James Squires + other beers from smaller brewries from Australia and around the world.

Cheers
Mark

Greetings fellow brewers of fine malt beverages. My name is Anthony and I am currently living in Beaudesert Qld, Just south of Brisbane. I am 32 and have been brewing since I was 17. I got into brewing because I had a thirst for beer and not much in the way of an expendable income. I started with a brigalow kit purchased from the supermarket and have not looked back since.

I brew kit beers with a variety of malt extracts, steeping grains. I am currently starting to experiment with partial mashing and given the space and equipment I will hopefully venture into all grain brewing.

I am married with 2 boys aged 4 yrs and 15 months. I have worked in supermarkets for about 17 years and have recently started working in a HBS on the southside of brisbane (almost perfect job).

I look forward to discussing the best beverage in the world with all of you.

cheers Anthony

Welcome to the Forum, mothballs. Great to see another Brissie brewer in here, and a HBS guy as well! If you stick with this forum, you'll be giving your customers the best advice available in no time. A few of us Brisbane-based forum members have gotten together in the past for a brew day and tasting sessions, etc, so let me know if you're interested, and we'll include you in the communications. maybe we could talk bulk product discounts ;)

Cheers - Snow

Hi peoples..

I'm Tim, Started brewing 2 months back already done 5 and about to throw another down. I have 3 Fermenters for a good production line. I am into family, VW's (am on VW forum with postmodern) and beer, in that order. I live in North Coast NSW about 25 mins from Byron Bay.

See ya round!

Tim

Hello and welcome mothballs and frenzix.
Gotta love this brew thing :chug:

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back