Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanget, can you remember what size the thread is on them, as Andale have quite a few different ones.

dunno, sorry mate, i just lend them a piece of plastic and they give me shiny things B)
My 1st keg from there would have been about 10yrs ago and it cost me $80. At the time I thought it was far king expensive, but we pumped a sh!tload of k&k's through it.

Commercial snap lock (2 pin) are except for some very new ones that screw straight onto the keg coupler BSP male.
Australian made post mix kegs are BSP female.

You need a 3/4 Female to 1/2 Male adaptor; I try to get chromed ones, available at better hardware stores and all plumbing supply shops.

MHB

Hey all,

I'm Jens-Kristian (inventive screenname, eh?).

I'm pretty new to brewing and have so far only completed three. Surprisingly, all three were very good.

When I started a couple of months ago I decided I might as well go for the full plummet and do AG from the beginning as it is as much the process of the brewing as the outcome that fascinates me. I simply like the thought of going through all the stages of brewing.

I'm Danish, but found this forum because I was looking for good Australian resources, due to my fiance being Australian and we have plans of moving there (Melbourne) before too long.

Looks like a great forum!

Cheers,

Jens-Kristian

Welcome to the board Jens-Kristian, your a brave man jumping straight into AG, but good for you and if your beers are tasting great all the better. How about posting some pics of your system in the equipement section too.
There are plenty of resources on this site and if you need any info and can't find it don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks, Andrew

Yeah, most people warned me against starting with AG, but I have found that while it is obviously more work, I don't really think it is quite as difficult as many seem to feel/think it is. Just more work.

I'll try to get a few photos of my set-up, although it is pretty basic. It does the job though, and while I would like to get some more technical stuff as I go along, the main point for now is that it's good fun to brew and the outcome is good beer. :)

I'll be sure to ask. I'm still learning new things every day. :)

Cheers,

Jens-Kristian

Jens-Kristian said:
Thanks, Andrew

Yeah, most people warned me against starting with AG, but I have found that while it is obviously more work, I don't really think it is quite as difficult as many seem to feel/think it is. Just more work.

I'll try to get a few photos of my set-up, although it is pretty basic. It does the job though, and while I would like to get some more technical stuff as I go along, the main point for now is that it's good fun to brew and the outcome is good beer. :)

I'll be sure to ask. I'm still learning new things every day. :)

Cheers,

Jens-Kristian
[post="116757"][/post]​

Hi Jens Kristian,
Welcome to this site, you will have a lot of fun and get some good advice from the many brewing "gurus" that frequent this forum.
Your input is also valued.
If you intend to buy more brewing equipment, you might want to check Australian prices against Europe as most of the gear in Aus is imported and we tend to pay a premium.
In other words you may save some money buying it before you move to Melbourne.
Welcome and cheers

well hi their guys, just to let you know, woman can do anything and they can brew beer too!
I work in the hop gardens when needed milk cows and make beer great life

dairymaid said:
well hi their guys, just to let you know, woman can do anything and they can brew beer too!
[post="117280"][/post]​

Hello Dairymaid,

welcome to the forum.

Of course gals can brew beer!

I just need one who will brew beer for me! :p

I saw some footage the other day of Saaz being harvested by attractive, nubile, young university students wearing very summery attire.

Those Saaz hops just made me drool.

Welcome again to the forum. It is a useful resource, don't be afraid to ask questions. And if you have a useful scoop about a great season of hops coming in, please share it with us.

Happy Brewing,

Keith

well said keith oh and welcome dairymaid

thanks for the welcome guys, forgot to add I live in NZ!!!!

the first female kiwi brewer on ahb and u get to sample sample fine kiw beers

emersons ect

dairymaid said:
[post="117280"][/post]​

Well I like FEMALe Brewers... in the dim dark ages... The brewers pof the family brewers were the females/wives.

Glad to have you on board.

I think you need a spell checker gmk.Whats the "pof the family brewers". I dont get it.
BTW welcome to AHB dairymaid.

Cheers
Big D

Hi everyone

I'm BlueJ and I'm here because my sister won't let my brother-in-law brew beer at their place. So he gave me one of the Coopers kits for my birthday...cunning devil.

We will start our second brew tonight, using the Coopers Irish Stout can. We are already moving away from the can+water+sugar approach, but I doubt we will be mashing by ourselves any time soon. We will probably look at getting fresh wort and liquid yeasts from home brewing shops and seeing how we go from there.

I am located in Melbourne and I am particularly interested in making Hefeweizen-style beers (like Paulaner, Schneider Weisse etc). So if anyone has some advice I will most gratefully receive it.

Nice to 'meet' you and I am looking forward to learning lots about my new hobby.

BlueJ

BlueJ said:
Hi everyone

I'm BlueJ and I'm here because my sister won't let my brother-in-law brew beer at their place. So he gave me one of the Coopers kits for my birthday...cunning devil.

We will start our second brew tonight, using the Coopers Irish Stout can. We are already moving away from the can+water+sugar approach, but I doubt we will be mashing by ourselves any time soon. We will probably look at getting fresh wort and liquid yeasts from home brewing shops and seeing how we go from there.

I am located in Melbourne and I am particularly interested in making Hefeweizen-style beers (like Paulaner, Schneider Weisse etc). So if anyone has some advice I will most gratefully receive it.

Nice to 'meet' you and I am looking forward to learning lots about my new hobby.

BlueJ
[post="117856"][/post]​
Go & see John at Grain & Grape, will set you straight, or completely mess up your brain :blink:

Normell

Thanks normell

I was there Saturday morning to have a look around and to buy the Coopers can. It was pretty busy with all the winos around (being vintage time), but the person who helped me said they can supply fresh wort and liquid yeasts for hefeweizen, no problem. :party:

Don't know about the messing up my brain part, they'll have to get in the queue for that <_<

Welcome to the madhouse BlueJ.

It sounds like you're on to a good homebrew shop there, as getting the right yeast is 90% of a good hefeweizen.

Thanks barfridge

There are quite a few threads on weizen beers on the forum and most mention yeasts, so it looks like there is plenty of information here for us to consider.

I think we will get temperature control worked out and we are being careful about sanitation (so far). Yeast looks to be the next most important item, so we will be looking closely at the yeast and how to handle it in the best way.

Thanks for the welcome, and now its down to business. The bro-law is due 'round in about 30min to get the Stout underway...

We will try some of the 1st brew (Lager) tonight I should think. It was fairly clean-tasting going into the bottles 4 days ago, and it will be interesting to see if it is going in the right direction.

Just out of interest - how many forum members experienced mysterious weight gain after taking up this hobby????????

Hi guys,
Its about time I said Hi......
Just wanted to say what a great site this is and thanks for helping a noob like me via your collective beer brains...
cheers,
p.s. a pic of my work in progress....
P4050017.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back