Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi y'all. My first time on your board. I hail from the Ozark Mtns in SW Missouri and am an all grain brewer. I thought I'd check out your board and see how folks down your way do things, one can never learn enough or pick up too many tips. Anyway, pleasure to meet y'all. Happy brewing!

Robert

Finite said:
I dont have much time so ill sum my beer-life up quickly.

*First beer (VB) aged 8/9 (didnt quite mind it)

*When my friends all started drinking I drank beer and pretty much hated it. I kinda forced myself to like it to look cool (ah peer pressure). Of course I didnt know then that the reason I hated it was because it was called Tooheys New.

*Turned 18 and drank macro for 1 and a half years.

*Was interested in collecting beer bottles so when I was at a BWS I bought a leffe radieuse. BEER WAS BACK BABY!

*Typed beer in google

*Signed up to Beer Advocate where I gained a huge interest in Craft Beer

*My dad gave me all his old HB equiptment

*About 200 Craft beers later (samuel adams, chimay blue, weihenstephaner heffe are some faves) I started visiting the hombrew topics.

*A AHB member pointed me here where I signed up.

*1 week later I layed down my first HB

*1 week later I sit here today sucking on a LCPA, planing how I will rack my first HB.

Life is Good! :p
[post="104632"][/post]​

On ya Finite ;) :excl:

I think it was me who was responsible for draggin this young man over and introducing him to the HB wide world of info.

Loves his beer as per his beer advocate m/ship.
helpa keen newbie ,and welcome him to the fold. :party:

Hi all,

I live in Perth. I have been a home brewer for almost 20 years - starting with kits, and then extract and started doing all grain last year. Have done about 12 AG brews so far, and love it. Nothing else compares with the results.

My aim this year is to design and build a stainless brewery with integrated pumps, wort chiller etc. Still working on the design. I am a computer programmer, so can write the programs to monitor thermisters etc, but I am very mechanically challenged when it comes to plumbing, electrical and structural. So it will be fun I am sure.

Favourite beers are Sail & Anchor Pale Ale, Matilda Bay Dogbolter, my Amber Ale and my Porter. Not a great fan of lagers probably because I'm sick of drinking the crap that the major breweries keep producing, and I find most lagers rather tasteless.

Regards to all

Gavin

welcome all :)

Ahhhhhhhh i remember when i posted on here for the first time i thought this site is a bit over complicated.........

but its a great place to share and learn brewing everything :)

Hey chief.......... good to see more non aussies on here, welcome mate.

we are a sarcastic mob at times but east to get a long with and all love our beer :)

cheers and beers.

G'Day All,

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster.

The quick version:

Name: Keith
Favourite Beer Style: I have journeyed to the dark side, and I know all is right with the world.

Other Stuff:
I am very, very Lazy;
I have a background in Chemistry;
I work Part-time at my LHBS;
I am responsible for all my opinions; especially the ones that are right.

Favourite Brewing Method:
It doesn't matter; just as long as I get to inhale deeply when the hops hit boiling wort.

A big hello to the people out there who know me, and I'm looking forward to getting to know the rest of you.

Cheers,

Keith

Welcome aboard Keith, always good to have someone on the board that has a background in one of the Arcane Arts :p . Hopefully you won't be shy in spreading your knowledge around.

Cheers
Andrew

G'day Keith,

Good to see you've finally made an appearance mate :beerbang: Talk about a long time lurker :lol: Good to hear you're going to be responsible for your opinions as well... Can you be responsible for mine too?? :p

Shawn.

Good to hear from ya, Keith.

Hope U don't mind me calling U KTBG. Thought U might have chosen the user name of Beerpig or Beernhopzpig. Now U'll have to do it by deed poll.

I heard that U don't have opinions,...just facts! :beer:

Did U say that BJCP is an Amway-based beer cult? Thought not. :blink: Might have been me.

Can U help me with a few bulk buys, coz I hear ur the man 2 talk 2? If we can knock 3% off the price, we can make a lot of friends ($$$). :eek:

Sethule prankster out :p

G'day chaps !
I've been doing the kit thing for about 2 years now with what started as a slightly hesitant interest in AGB which has grown into some kind of monster :ph34r: I have been spending way too much time on this site. I have to take my hat off to chaps like Batz, Doc, Ross, Dreamboat (and many many others) for the huge contribution to home brewing :beer:
I look after a Theatre (Performance venue) in a school but did a trade as an Aircraft sparky. There is nothing quite like coming up with beer manufacturing gear at home ! Some of it must be my Scottish tightarse blood but making your own equipment is bulk fun.
Most of my brewing has been with T.W.O.C. or Grumpy's kits with preferences towards APA's and Stouts and have been reasonably happy with most of my efforts (so have my mates).
AGB is calling !
I must heed the call !

Another Sandgropper!
Welcome to the forum Doogiechap.

Hi All,

I'm Morrie and I've just started brewing. Bottled my 1st CPA almost 3 weeks ago - drank a carton after 2 weeks (just to taste!), you know how it is! Was very suprised to see that it tasted pretty damn good after only a short time in the bottle, but I'm hoping my patience will develop as I build up a stock - time will tell!

I am almost 1 week into fermenting a Dutch Lager, which slowed down considerably (next to no bubbling) after 2 days of fairly high activity. I'll check the gravity on the weekend to see how she looks, and if it's stable I'll bottle next week. Have only got the 1 fermenter at the moment, so until I get a few more things to make my brewing easier I'll have to bypass racking for the moment. That said, the CPA after 2 weeks in bottle (1 week primary) was clear enough for me - I like a bit of cloudiness in a beer anyway!

Thanks to you all for providing a great resource, which has helped me catch this fantastic brewing bug!

Cheers,

Mo

:beer:

Hello all, I have been registered for a few weeks, even made a few postings, but have never posted on this thread and figured I should.

John is my name and I have been brewing for about 20 years, started brewing in the plastic bucket during university days at Deakin Uni in Geelong. Gave the brewing away for a few years until I moved to the USA to work, after running across a More Beer catalogue, decided to start brewing again.

Was greatly surprised how the product supply, variety and quality of home brew stuff had improved since I was last brewing. It led me to expand my brewing, right up to the point of a computerised mash system that I built and wrote the software for.

Brew Your Own magazine even did a one page Homebrewer Profile on me one year after running across my website (see October 2003 VOL 9 No 6)! I even got a handy dandy Brew Your Own satchel and a Whitelabs Yeast hat out of it :) It was a great honour that I do not think I deserve!

Anyway, moved back home to the Geelong area now and am 90% the way towards setting the brewery back up in the garage, just had a 20amp outlet installed to power the brewery with!

LOVE this website, I have already read some great articles! Keep up the good work!

gday lads
Richard here been a member for a while now love this site good advice ,good arguements and some bloody excellent beer.

I live in Pt Pirie yep the lead town but its not that bad really pretty hot up here crabbing is good and the fishin' and the beer always flows .

been brewing with cans and adjucts for years but was recently introduced to partials and now thats what i like to do thanks GMK for taking it up a notch .

soon to be opening my Own HBS but have to do a bit more research and development .

anyone up this way can always give me a call to see if we will be in and have a beer well not at the moment i have just started kegging . :party:

Howdy,
I discovered someone that home brewed on the weekend, and am looking to get into it myself. After a bit of searching on the web I came accross this site so thought I'd sign up.

HI!

If anyone that can point me in the direction of some 'getting started' links that'd be great!

elevhein

Hi Everyone,
my name is Steve and i live near Korumburra, about 1 1/2 hours east of Melbourne.
I've only started home brewing about a month ago, starting off with a Coopers kit doing a couple of Coopers Lager and bitters then a Morgans Blue Mountain lager with an ultrabrew and 12gm of hallertau hops that is in secondary at the moment. I am going to try the last brew i did tonight which is a Coopers Bitter,Brew Enhancer 1 and the kit yeast. I am already sick of bottles and have ordered a full keg setup that i hope wil be here soon. I ordered everything necessary even though i have regulator, fonts, various beer taps, lines and snap lock fittings from when i managed a hotel years ago (that reminds me- does anyone know where is a good source of snaplock fittings to replace the ball lock ones on postmix kegs?).

Welcome to the board oneills. GMK is your man for snpalok fittings. Send him a PM and I am sure he will look after you.

Not sure if you can put snaploks on postmix kegs tho

Edit - must be thinking of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale(SNPA) instead of snaplock fittings.

Thanks roach, I am pretty sure you can providing the correct thread is used. I used to use ex-scwheppes post mix kegs to clean beer lines in a hotel where i worked that wre fitted with snap lock fittings but can't rememeber if they were modified to so

i'm using snaplocks on postmix kegs
then i can run commercial beers through my lines as well
Andale is where i got mine from - (fitted)
welcome oneills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back