Intertap G2 vs Andale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would one mistreat a DA? Just wondering, so I don’t create bad habits as I get my kegerator set up.

The youngsters like to slam them on, and slam them off. This wears down the tensile strength of the spring, meaning constant adjustment. That means roughly 170 times slammed on, and off per keg. A busy pub can go through multiple kegs of the same product in a day, so multiply that out. (170 x 10 oz serves to a 49.5L keg.)

HB guys don't see the need to slam their own equipment around, and don't pour anywhere near the same amount of beer, so get much better mileage from these types of tap.

One of the biggest no no's was leaning on the tap in the open position, we had staff that despite being told many times continued to do this, also push the tap closed rather that a flick. Saturday mornings were rebuild/ adjust florytes, we eventually had a full set of spares( 6 taps, each bank was 6 taps with 5 main banks). You just prayed particular staff had only worked the one bar.

Back