International Brewers Day Festival - Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a bump to say tickets for the Friday night are nearly sold out so if you are thinking of going get in quick!

Some info on beer and brewers here

Just bumping this thread out of pure excitement.

Would be great to meet some AHB faces there!

...well, I've brewed 10,000 ltrs of our beer in the last two days and i'm buggered...but it's worth it....coz Brad and i will be free next Friday to help spread the beery love at the Grand Central...looking forward to it and looking forward to catching up with some familiar faces and meeting a few new ones...

...gotta a surprize to click on the goodbeer brewers day site and see my ugly mug amoungst the others on the home page....Matt must be short of 'brewer'pics' hahaha !!!

cheers
Scott

...well, I've brewed 10,000 ltrs of our beer in the last two days and i'm buggered...but it's worth it....coz Brad and i will be free next Friday to help spread the beery love at the Grand Central...looking forward to it and looking forward to catching up with some familiar faces and meeting a few new ones...

...gotta a surprize to click on the goodbeer brewers day site and see my ugly mug amoungst the others on the home page....Matt must be short of 'brewer'pics' hahaha !!!

cheers
Scott
10,000L - is that all :rolleyes:

It's going to be massive.....A huge pile of beer enthusiasts, brewers and celebrity brewers all in one room talking about and drinking beer. :D

Will catch up with you again Scott,

Bring on Friday. :party:

PB

Well not to be gay like.... (insert name or state) :lol:
I will arrange a brew day for the WA Pils/lager Crew, and foot the bill :eek: . Good idea just need to get my arse into brew mode.
GB

10,000L - is that all :rolleyes:

It's going to be massive.....A huge pile of beer enthusiasts, brewers and celebrity brewers all in one room talking about and drinking beer. :D

Will catch up with you again Scott,

Bring on Friday. :party:

PB
Can't wait, starting to count sleeps now.

Looking forward to beers I haven't tried, such as Blue Sky, Renaissance and some Otway, as well as others I've only tried in bottles, such as Murrays, Bridge Road and others.
And there's plenty more on top of those I've mentioned....

Friday and Sunday, with a buck's day in between too...

do you have to buy tickets or can we just rock up to the platform bar and enjoy some beers on friday?

do you have to buy tickets or can we just rock up to the platform bar and enjoy some beers on friday?

The Platform event is sold out. They are both ticketed events but the platform one was much more limited, only 80 tickets vs a few hundred for Archive.
There might be some cancellations but I doubt it...
The Sunday event at Archive still has tickets left.

Both venues will have beers on tap after the events, so Saturday you could get some of the beers at Platform, whatever's left from the night before...

Ahh well..was looking forward to finally trying the 2IPA...guess I still have to make the trip down to port stephens...

Will the platform bar be open saturday? last two weeks I've been by in the evening it's been shut...

will be there with bells on.... or more likely I will be there with my work clothes still on fresh outa the brewery :D
Plan for me for the rest of the week is - make beer, bottle beer, make beer, keg beer, make beer jump on a plane and go and have beers with my QLD beer/brewing mates

It's fate. Was supposed to be flying to Melbourne this arvo, it got postponed to tomorrow morning, which means I got free time.

I'll suck it up and head to the Clarendon instead.

Always an option, haven't actually tried it out yet.

Chasing up drinking buddies at the moment :)

Less than 4.5 hours to go & I am developing a thirst already....

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Hope last night was a good one.

Please post reports if you are feeling up to it.

I am recovering after an operation and couldn't make it. Bugger for me but hopefully will get some dregs on Monday at the platform bar.

Hope last night was a good one.

Please post reports if you are feeling up to it.

I am recovering after an operation and couldn't make it. Bugger for me but hopefully will get some dregs on Monday at the platform bar.

This was an absolutely top night!

So many tasty beers. I was so busy drinking I forgot to hug a brewer :)

There should be plenty left for Monday. With 15 taps, 20+ beers and only sample size glasses I don't think we finished any... (really don't rely on my knowledge of what the end of the night was like though)

Particular highlights to me were:
Wig & Pen / Craftbrewer Obama IPA. Great malt backbone, a little roast edge and loads of fruity hops. Very well balanced big beer.

Burleigh Brewing Black Giraffe. Clean malt all the way through. Decent body with a nice coffee note that lasted all through the beer. One of the beers of the night even against some big beers.

Renaissance Choc Oatmeal Stout. Great sweet chocolate balanced by plenty of supporting malt. We were drinking this a lot at the end of the night. Some people felt the choc note was too syrupy and outweighed the other flavours but I don't agree. A really good beer.

Murrays Icon 2IPA. I've had this beer in bottles before but off tap reminded me again how good it is. Lots of malt backbone, balanced bitterness and plenty of flavour.

I tasted a lot of other good beers but they were the standouts from the beers available on the taps...

edit: Please note that it took me til Sunday to reply :) This was partially because I was feeling very seedy yesterday, and partially because I had to go drinking again for a bucks. The first couple were touch and go and then the hair of the dog kicked in.

Back to Archive today for more celebrating the brewers.

Latest posts

Back