Interest In A South/eastern Suburbs Brewgroup For Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what kind of venue others are using, because I don't know many public places with BYO beer :D

Surely there are many BYO restaurants/cafes around that would be happy to have your meetings there, you guys still eat too don't you?

Cheers
Ben :)

A venue that is BYO homebrew friendly would be a bonus. If we find such a place (a pizza bar perhaps) we should perhaps make it a regular meeting place and build up a relationship with the owners.

Mike.

Am trying to gather some numbers.... Could you PM me your email.

Glad to see plenty of interest fellas.

Cheers.

I wonder what kind of venue others are using, because I don't know many public places with BYO beer :D

Surely there are many BYO restaurants/cafes around that would be happy to have your meetings there, you guys still eat too don't you?

Cheers
Ben :)

Sorry but we just drink. In Belgium, as the saying goes: where the brewer walks in, the baker does not.

:chug:

Peoples.

I am off for the w/end and wont be online again til Mon morning, in the mean time PM me with your email if your interested and I shall add you to the interested parties list.

By voicing your interest it obviously doesnt mean that your obliged to do anything.

Cheers all.

When we did the BJCP study group in Sydney, we rotated the sessions around to each other homes, and sort who would get the style beers.

The Hills Brewers go between a pub(No BYO) and a pizza place(doesn't mind BYO) for their meetings. The MALE brewers are yet to start a study group and most of the MALE get togethers have been at my place....so get ready to open your doors Drew..best part..no travel!!

Just start by opening up a Yahoo group!!

Linz

Geez.....my place is so small that more than 4 people and it starts to feel claustrophobic, we could squeeze into the garage I supose :)

Folks,

I've pm'd my email to Drew.

I see that some of you are interested in BJCP. Earlier this year I tried to get a few starters from around the area - but at that stage there wasn't enough interest.

If some of you are keen to take it on, I'd be happy to put it together. There are a couple of other guys in the area who are BJCP as well that can assist.

It really needs 4 - 6 to make it worthwhile. If we can do it as part of an informal brewing group then all the better.

Trev

If you are chasing a venue, community halls are always looking for business

You will also find most bowling clubs won't mind homebrewers bringing their own & are happy to have more people about

Cheers

Bump.

Inner-west, eastern suburbs, south Sydney brewers. Interested in setting up a beer club or joining a BJCP study group?

Post interest here.

Cheers

No problem.

I'll look forward to the pub night.

Trev

Guys havent sent reply to those who indicated there interest y'day arvo.

Anyone else who's interested feel free to PM me. ETA for first meet around a fortnight.

Cheers.

Been scouting around for a community hall type venue and may have something, will post details later.

Maybe at the same time you can provide me with your email address that I've requested so I can add you to my distrubution list for this....

Maybe at the same time you can provide me with your email address that I've requested so I can add you to my distrubution list for this....

Just giving this a kick up the bum so it cops evening traffic.

Oh. Okay...... Totally my bad if thats the case man.

Will forward you the clubs initial email as I see you've sent a PM.

Cheers buddy.

Oh. Okay...... Totally my bad if thats the case man.

Will forward you the clubs initial email as I see you've sent a PM.

Cheers buddy.

Hope you are all aware that Drews new club is going to be called the South East Sydney, Australia Branch K&KKlub? :p

All 8 interested so far are @ AG except for Laurent and I.

So no such luck unfortunately, really looking forward to milking all the members for knowledge. :)

Hi,

Some potential interest here, just got back into extracts after a 20 year hiatus!!!

PM Sent.

Gav.

Back