Any interest in a Hobart based home brew club?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great. Now my title has gone from "Great Head" to "Partial Man" :unsure:

I am a possible maybe at best.

I have just my first bit of brewing in several years a 5L BIAB.

Yep…definitely interested. I've done 12 BIABs in a 40L Crown Urn and live on the Bonnet (Bonnet Hill). I'm looking to up my skills and start using liquid yeast, harvesting etc. Currently no-chilling but thinking of making an immersion chiller as struggling with excessive bitterness when i try to make a really hoppy brew. Look forward to hearing more.

Great idea...Hopefully I can make it, I fly in, fly out. I will pass this info onto a couple of mates as well.

Count me in too guys, am always looking to share brews and get feedback. Also from a practical side the opportunity to swap knowledge expertise and potentially equipment would be great. I'm currently struggling with a HERMs build (well not really struggling) and would love to exchange experiences with others who have done the same particularly when it comes to things like PIDS

I'd be definitly interested but unfortunately Wednesdays and Thursdays are out for me as I have other things on.

Yep sounds pretty good. I'm down in the Huon and have done 5 BIABS so far, keen to get a bit more exposure to other recipes etc. Thinking of grabbing a HOPS subscription too, crafty beer + home brewing... what could possibly go wrong? ;)

Wow, great response so far.

BrewRick said:
I think I was sitting at the bar when Smacha was talking to Al at the New Syd! Overheard a word or two without being an earwig. That is, if he was talking to him on Tuesday afternoon at around four.

Anyone going to HOPS next Thursday at New Syd?
Yep, I'd say that was me. Mmmm, a keen home brewer hanging out at the New Sydney… I'm not too surprised by that :)

I will try to get along. I need to get some ideas for my new brew stand I'm planning and talk sh*t about beer :p

Yep, count me in guys :) I have had a bit of time off from brewing for a while after a (brewing related) back injury. Hopefully some of the enthusiasm from other local brewers can get me fired up to get back on the horse again :beerbang:

I'll be there, I recently moved to Hobart and it will be great to meet some fellow brewers here.

Awesome Timing! Just moved to Hobart a week ago and was looking for a Home Brew club. Have only really started home brewing with kits and a bit of specialty grain steeping. Would like to work towards BIAB or traditional All Grain brewing. look forward to meeting some people and getting some tips.

Cheers,

That works out perfectly! It'll be great to have you along. We'll have people who brew kits, extract and all grain so I'm sure you'll get plenty of encouragement and guidance for whatever you're up for.

Sounds ace :) I stopped going to hops because it became a little more about the drinking than the beer. It'll be awesome to talk me some more local brewers :) I'll be driving from port Arthur and back if anyone wants a lift pm me.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to confirm/remind you that our first meeting is on this Wednesday. It's 7:30 for 8pm upstairs at the New Sydney to give us some time to grab a beer and meet each other before we get started. We've got some great ideas about the club and it'll be great to discuss them together. Can't wait to meet you all there.

So I should just go to the badass assembly of beards and that will be the homebrew club?

Back