Interest In A Launceston Based Tasmanian Brewing Club?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itmechanic

Reaction score
I think its about time we started a Tasmanian based club, is anyone interested? I think there is enough of us to make it viable.

Cheers,
Paul

I think its about time we started a Tasmanian based club, is anyone interested? I think there is enough of us to make it viable.

Cheers,
Paul

I'm in Hobart... but a Tassie club would be awesome! What do you have in mind?

I wonder how many home brewers there are in Tasmania..i am going visit the guys at THBS when i am over there..they might help you getting club up and running

I wonder how many home brewers there are in Tasmania..i am going visit the guys at THBS when i am over there..they might help you getting club up and running

That's my local shop, I will mention it next time I am there.

I put up a post about a week ago along those lines there were about 4 guys in the Launceston area that seemed keen and I have a few other mates that I brew with that would surely come along.

If there is anything I can do to help this process let me know

Cheers Stu

ask can you up a notice(Guysmiley54)Stuchambers looks like you might have a start..the club i belong has small flyers on the local home store counter.

ask can you up a notice(Guysmiley54)Stuchambers looks like you might have a start..the club i belong has small flyers on the local home store counter.

Not sure if I'm the best guy to start something like this up. I have several businesses and a young family, I am terrible at extra commitments!! I would love to be a part of a club, but not real keen to have anyone (anyone else I should say!) relying on me at the moment.

How does this look obviously missing a lot of information but it is a start

Launceston_Home_Brew_Club.jpg

Cheers Stu

How does this look obviously missing a lot of information but it is a start

View attachment 43539

Cheers Stu

Stu,
From someone outside looking in, Lose the society tag, its horrible.
Keep up the good work mate and hope you devils get it up n running. Check out/search the bulk buy forum? a few moons ago there were quite a few hands talking the same scene from your end of town.

Hi Guys,

Sounds like a great move to me... it's good to see someone driving development of the hobby down south!

If there's anything we can do to help, feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers!

Andy

Well done Guys,thats the start you need
Guysmiley54 ask can you put up a notice in the shop thats all..

Well done Guys,thats the start you need
Guysmiley54 ask can you put up a notice in the shop thats all..

Of course :p Didn't mean to sound non committal, just got a lot on right now!! Next time I'm in, I'll have a chat with the owner and report back.

Sounds like we have a good start, i have a few more people who are interested, i will have more time after the weekend so I will look into it a bit further then.

Cheers,
Paul

Do we have anymore interest here guys or is dead before it started.
I am willing to help but have zero experience in setting up or running a club.

Cheers Stu

Well if we are good little brewers and keep the north vs south arguments to a minimum we might be able to help each
other through the process and end up with two clubs.
One in Launceston (obviously will be the better club ) and one in Hobart.

Cheers Stu

Lets compromise - have the club meetings in Oatlands, halfway house! I jest of course.

Some sort of get together would be good in Hobart, if only to swop knowledge etc. Probably not enough of us to actually structure a club?

Not really, perhaps Lake Dulverton is worth a quick look or a stroll.

Latest posts

Back