In The Market For A Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A local Mob in Queanbeyan (right next to ACT) Sells a complete Kegmate.. and I mean complete.. with EVERYTHING. Gas bottle and regulator, 2 cornie kegs, Chrome tower and 2 taps etc etc, for $899 (I think that's even delivered to qbyn and ACT)

http://www.kegmate.com.au/

I have not seen a better price anywhere.. and it will hold 3 kegs.

If I didn't already have 6 taps on my fridge, I would definitely think of getting one of these.

Hi Peteoz77 thanks for the tip. Any ideas what the mob is called? They don't seem to feature on the where to buy section of the kegmate website.

Is it one of these two:

• Queanbeyan's Butts 'N' Brew 2 Sheedy La Queanbeyan ACT 2620
    ph: (02) 6284 4162
    • send to mobile
    • advertisement
  • 1 U-Brew It Unit 1-2, 23 Raws Crs Hume ACT 2620 - get directions
    ph: (02) 6260 1160
    • send to mobile
    • advertisement

Cheers,
Ben

I went the Evilbay way and couldn't be happier. $540 got me a 3 keg fridge, duel font, gas bottle and a regulator. I sold the couplers that came with it for $50 aswell. I had a few concerns at first and a few teething problems but its all good now. My bro had a similar experience with a different seller.

TYVM Damian

Hey Damian,

Do you mind telling me the sellers/models you and your bro got?

I bought this: http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=8574

I also got a kegs-on-legs $300 gas bottle. You then need kegs (roughly $80 second hand), or 2 for $100 deals going around atm.

This worked well for me. I got it home, and set it up, and it just worked. (obviously with a small learning curve). However, i only got a single font with my'n, but they seem to have upgraded it to a double font. The font quality was the only issue, but in saying that, it worked perfectly fine for me for 1 year, untill I decided to upgrade, and then noticed the tower wasn't the best build (ie., not stainless), while removing it.

I have seen it cheaper around with extra kit, but I can't comment on them, as i haven't used em, but I reckon if the fridge is the same, then you can always change the other bits. I've now got it set up with 3 taps, and it holds 3 cornelius kegs fine.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I seem to remember that most of the HBS's seem to get them sent from a factory near the Gong. So if your in NSW, you might be able to go straight to the source.

Hey Damian,

Do you mind telling me the sellers/models you and your bro got?

The Ebay seller was Dreamrider i think. Ill double check later. I dont think hes selling them anymore. Im not sure about my brother.

Thanks Ernie!

I have looked at those Keg2 setups on ebay and at their website. I was just a little uncertain when I read a thread on this site taking about how it looked like the manufacturer had stolen his pictures from another site.

But it sounds like you are very happy

yes i know about the pictures and i did read the same post but that didnt sway me from buying the kegerator.

for the record i did mention the photos to the owner of the business but thats not any of my business where he gets his pictures from. i was going to buy a kegmate but from posts here on the forum it didnt sound too good to me as some of the members here have been having nothing but problems with the kit ( bolts missing, temp gauge not reading correctly, font not lining up with bolt holes etc etc) that swayed me even more to shop somewhere else.

i went to his house and inspected the fridge and all the bits and pieces and bought it on the spot.

just trying to help out........... anyway good luck with your purchase :D

Ernie

yes i know about the pictures and i did read the same post but that didnt sway me from buying the kegerator.

for the record i did mention the photos to the owner of the business but thats not any of my business where he gets his pictures from. i was going to buy a kegmate but from posts here on the forum it didnt sound too good to me as some of the members here have been having nothing but problems with the kit ( bolts missing, temp gauge not reading correctly, font not lining up with bolt holes etc etc) that swayed me even more to shop somewhere else.

i went to his house and inspected the fridge and all the bits and pieces and bought it on the spot.

just trying to help out........... anyway good luck with your purchase :D

Ernie

Thanks for the info Ernie, very helpful

did they come with gas at all ernie?

where is the bloke located in syd?

na mate the gas didnt come with it....... that is a BOC gas bottle ( $12 per month and $47 for the gas ) i have used about 12 kegs of gas out of the D size bottle and it hasnt even made a dent in the amount on the gauge. the gas should be good for a years worth of kegs IMO.

he is in Rooty Hill and will deliver sydney metro for a fee but the fee will include installation and he will set it up and show you how to use it.

Ernie

Hi Peteoz77 thanks for the tip. Any ideas what the mob is called? They don't seem to feature on the where to buy section of the kegmate website.

Is it one of these two:

• Queanbeyan's Butts 'N' Brew 2 Sheedy La Queanbeyan ACT 2620
    ph: (02) 6284 4162
    • send to mobile
    • advertisement
  • 1 U-Brew It Unit 1-2, 23 Raws Crs Hume ACT 2620 - get directions
    ph: (02) 6260 1160
    • send to mobile
    • advertisement

Cheers,
Ben

It's the first one.

Have a chat with them, but just remember to tell them that you want the two taps plumbed to two kegs.... with all the hookups etc. You aslo get the gas bottle and everything required except the beer.

Let me know how you go...

Last week I purchased a kegmate from craftbrewer.com.au. Excellent service, speedy delivery and working fine.

Last week I purchased a kegmate from craftbrewer.com.au. Excellent service, speedy delivery and working fine.

And how much did it cost with a C02 bottle, regulator, gas and beer lines, a tower and 2 taps, 2 cornies all set up, with delivery?

It's the first one.

Have a chat with them, but just remember to tell them that you want the two taps plumbed to two kegs.... with all the hookups etc. You aslo get the gas bottle and everything required except the beer.

Let me know how you go...

Got the word - $899 for the complete setup

Back