In the beginning

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwavz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been reading a lot on different types of home brew methods and types of beers and I can't wait to get started. (talking about brewing for years)
I picked up an extract kit yesterday with a few bits and bobs and will be home brewing an IPA soon.

Initially using the extract stuff but soon will be entering grain brewing with a BIAB type system. (need to get a bigger pot, or a keggle, and burner and a few other things)
Also trying to find an old fridge or somewhere to ferment so I can keep the temperature somewhat stable. (I have a heat pad and have been looking at the STC-1000)

Is there anyone in the Ferntree Gully are that might have some advice or equipment I could use for stable fermenting, please?
Or just happy to chat about brewing in general and get to see some other systems and learn from the experienced :)

Cheers,
Gwavz

Check out the Melbourne Brewers, they're out that way (I think they meet in Ferntree Gully), those guys will have an absolute truck-load of experience to share, and are always welcoming new brewers. You can just front up to their next meeting (May 28) free of charge and see what it's all about.

Cheers carniebrew. It's in the calendar!

Nice and local should make it easy. Great to hear the guys are welcoming of newbies :)

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back