Importing Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yellow stickers are from Quarantine. Customs put geen stickers on parcels. Customs don't give a rats about hops unless you're importing commercial quantities.

I recently got some hops from Niko and had my parcel opened by Quarantine. Even declared as "Hops Pellets" your parcel may still be opened. Even packed in a clear vacuum sealed bag they may still cut it open to inspect the contents :(

Hence why i bought a vac sealer....... and i believe them checking is good...... i bet someone somewhere has tried the pelletize drugs and call it hop pellets

Someone just needs to mention the words FREE TRADE then Jooolia and Tony will both be falling over each other to be the first one to destroy the Australian hop industry. :icon_vomit:

Pull your head in...... i can wish i could, but i didn't and wouldn't for obvious reasons.....being the one you speak off.

I do however purchase a lot of NZ flowers from Australian retailers, and agree with a couple posts above...... they really are wonderful. My Hefe i have on tap was made with hallertau aroma flowers...... and you wouldn't know

looking forward to trying the US grown hallertau pellets too....... damn they smelt good when i vacpacked them :)

cheers

I thought you too at first, but perhaps Mr Abbott, Tony. .. Tony?

Pull your head in...... i can wish i could, but i didn't and wouldn't for obvious reasons.....being the one you speak off.

I thought you too at first, but perhaps Mr Abbott, Tony. .. Tony?

Umm....yes I was referring to Tony (Abbott) , unless of course you have an influence on Australian trade policy Tony ?? <_<

I bring NZ pellets across with me in my suitcase all the time.

Flowers are the issue. Most guys at quarrantine know the difference and when you declare they will say 'Pellets or Flowers?' at the gate. Had one guy stop my brother but he got the pellets (Moteuka) back after they realised their mistake.

If you bring pellets back from O/S in luggage I suggest you take a printout of this AQIS page with you or have it saved on your phone to avoid any hassles:
AQIS Hop Pellets & Extract Conditions

When in Auckland I get bags of 'NZHops' branded bags from here: Brewers Co-op Auckland

They might be cheaper going direct to NZ Hops, but less of a hassle for me as I only want small amounts to try in batches. Still working out which is my favourite Kiwi hop. :icon_drunk:

Cheers,

Hopper.

Umm....yes I was referring to Tony (Abbott) , unless of course you have an influence on Australian trade policy Tony ?? <_<

My most sincere apologies, i miss read that :rolleyes:

Back