Im A Bloody Idiot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspro

Reaction score
Hey

Well today I got up nice and early to do a few brews and I was quite ecxited because it will be my first true lager,so with the extra ingredients and the protein rest on my mind I weighed out all my grain,flaked rice and rice hulls I set the heat exchange to 50 poured it all into the mash tun and began stirring . After about a minute of stirring I noticed something did not look right but I kept going thinking it must just be the flaked rice,so I turned on the pump and started to recirculate after about 5 minutes I thought there is not a lot of colour in the hoses and that was when I looked over at the grain mill and realised that I forgot to crack the grain.

What a blood idiot!

Cheers Aspro

hahahaha i bet that fu%ked your efficientcy! :D

We've had 'all grain' brewing.

Now 'wholegrain'...even healthier!!

The "No Crack" method has been invented.

Your a brave man telling us all about that aspro......... once apon a time i said gulls instead of hulls and still get a ribbing about it.

I bet it sparged in no time flat........ why did you need the rice hulls?

:lol: :lol:

cheers

Edit: Just thought of something...... did you strain it out and run it through the mill?

:p

Thats a new one ,never heard of that before well no one has admitted to it

Pumpy :)

Hey Aspro,

Thats funny!! Did you extract anything in the end? What was the OG??

cheer

Darren

The "No Crack" method has been invented.

Your a brave man telling us all about that aspro......... once apon a time i said gulls instead of hulls and still get a ribbing about it.

I bet it sparged in no time flat........ why did you need the rice hulls?

:lol: :lol:

cheers

Edit: Just thought of something...... did you strain it out and run it through the mill?

:p

Hey Tony

I thought about running it through the mill but was worried about my rollers rusting so it went to the chooks and I started again ,Ive never used rice hulls before but the recipe said to so ill see how it goes.
mmm brave your just being polite :lol:

Cheers Aspro

Dont the whiskey guys do an extraordinarily long mash without crushing the grain for their .... ummm, what do you call it? Wash??

So maybe you could leave it there for a couple of days and it would be the start of a sour mash whisky.... or a novel approach to a sour beer .... or something anyway.

TB

Edit for speelink and to take out the question that got answered while I was typing it

The rice hulls comment was a joke :)

They are used to help with sparging speed......... you wouldnt have had any problems with that mash i recon.

your a good man for sharing that with us :)

cheers

hey

My bad Tony, I get it pretty hard to get a stuck sparge when I havnt cracked the grain :rolleyes:

Cheers Aspro

And if it makes you feel better...... i once put a beer in the firmenter and forgot to pitch the yeast. 3 days later it was bubbling for the wrong reasons.

Your not a real brewer until............

And if it makes you feel better...... i once put a beer in the firmenter and forgot to pitch the yeast. 3 days later it was bubbling for the wrong reasons.

Your not a real brewer until............

+ 1

I hate rice gulls... :angry:

They just wont stay in the mash tun, damn things keep trying to get out...not to mention the mess..

I hate rice gulls... :angry:

They just wont stay in the mash tun, damn things keep trying to get out...not to mention the mess..

HA HA HA

I see what you mean Tony :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Aspro

I looked over at the grain mill and realised that I forgot to crack the grain.

What a blood idiot!

Cheers Aspro

You Goose
thumb_goose.gif

Yeah........ you get that.

Stu, Clip their wings and they wont escape.

There have been cases of people reading about Rice Gulls on here and asking for them at the home brew shop. They just thought thats what they were called.

Yeah........ you get that.

Stu, Clip their wings and they wont escape.

There have been cases of people reading about Rice Gulls on here and asking for them at the home brew shop. They just thought thats what they were called.

Shall try that...also going to clip their beaks...damn things are sharp...

Latest posts

Back