IIPA, will it work with BIAB?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id drop the crystal and use munich and adjust the base malt accordingly. Might want to try some sugar aswell to get the FG lower.

Brewed this last night and its in the cube. It's looking like it will have a glorious red colour.

I overshot the estimated efficiency and nearly hit 80%, ending up with 23L of 1.088 wort. I had to work fairly hard for this through doing a few small sparges over a smaller pot I have.

It's looking like it will be a 9%+ ABV beast. :beerbang:

I mashed at 64c for 2 hours so hopefully, it's highly fermentable and I can get around 1.015 FG. I will be happy with anything under 1.020 though, should be plenty of hops to balance a solid malt profile.

I think I should be able to fit another kilo of malt in this system. Maybe an imperial stout at 10% might be n the cards at some stage. Let's see how this one turns out first.

Not yet, I have an all Simcoe RIPA that's dry hopping, should be kegging that either tomorrow or the day after. I will give the fermenter a quick rinse and sanitise and this one will be straight in there.

The WLP090 ripped through the bulk of this brew in a few days but it looks like I'm still a few points from where I would want to be and fermentation has slowed considerably.

It's gone from a swirling yeast party to just the odd bubble rising from the cake. Is this normal for WLP090? How long would it normally take to bottom out?

I'm using a refractometer and the Brewer's Friend calculator HERE. Starting at 21.2 Brix and sitting at 11Brix 1.019 corrected) at the moment (9.85%ABV). Hoping to get to 10.5 Brix (1.016 corrected).

It hasn't really moved in a couple of days now, but I wouldn't mind it a little dryer.

After a week of dry hopping it has fallen a few points to approximately 10.5 Brix. Looks to be bang on 83% attenuation. Really eked out the last few though.

Out of the fermenter it's tasting quite nice, maybe a little boozy. :beerbang: Great hop flavours and aromas though. Can't wait to tap it!

I have a few bottles conditioning. I might enter for shits and giggles.

Latest posts

Back