IIPA Help (First time creating my own recipe)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: So ran the recipe last night. Looks like I didn't quite hit the 65% efficiency, but got close, i read the OG at 1.080, I'm happy with that.

Was a late night, and my poor timing/planning meant I didn't have the yeast hydrated by the time the wort had cooled. so after cooling the wort I transferred it to my primary fermenter and chucked it in my fermentation fridge (set at 18°c). But haven't pitched the yeast yet. Will pitch the yeast tonight once I'm home this evening

Attachments

• IMG_20171209_132638.jpg
    IMG_20171209_132638.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 86
Righto. Yesterday was the big day. I kegged the beer on Xmas eve, I tasted it as I was kegging and thought it fell a bit short in the hop flavors, so i added 50g of Galaxy hops (all I had on hand) to the keg, suspended in a stainless steal tea ball. Was the right choice, definitely needed that little extra hop kick.

Ended up with a really smooth, almost velvety, mouth feel which was surprising since I didn't add any wheat. It was an all round delicious beer. Next time I think i will add more hops again, perhaps play around with some different hop varieties.

Was very well received by the family and friends, and at 8.3%, it definitely loosened a few people up ;) With only a 1/4 keg left, was a hit.

Thanks to everyone who convinced me to try AG again, think I''m hooked :)
:bigcheers:

Back