If you had to choose just one recipe..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd tell cocko to put the gun down before he hurt himself and to have a beer with me and stop being a maniac, and then we'd forget it ever happened and get shit faced.

danestead said:
Hey, I said 'or', not 'and'! I'm not in the mood for making decisions atm!
Was funny cos both you and OP immediately showed how difficult choosing just one could be and 3 was the magic number.

It must be the shelf time as I tried a SNPA way up here in NQ and it was very average and I've heard a lot of good things. I got hold of a Sam Adams Boston Lager and that was pretty crap.. Long drives in the sun to sit on shelves maybe?!? I need to go to the states..

Customs "reason you are travelling sir?"

Me "drinking".

Nicko_Cairns said:
It must be the shelf time as I tried a SNPA way up here in NQ and it was very average and I've heard a lot of good things. I got hold of a Sam Adams Boston Lager and that was pretty crap.. Long drives in the sun to sit on shelves maybe?!? I need to go to the states..
Customs "reason you are travelling sir?"
Me "drinking".
Both much better on tap in their home country than after sitting on a ship for x weeks, never mind the time sitting in a bonded warehouse, trucks, distribution centre, more trucks and finally in your bottle shop. it's enough to make a grown man weep

If it was just what to brew next I wouldn't care, if it was one to brew forever it'd be an English bitter. 95% MO, 5% dark crystal, challenger, north down and ekg, wyeast 1275 (only because the Bedford is seasonal and if I'm brewing it forever I ain't brewing for only 2 months of the year)

One would be boring but if I had to choose from my own recipes it would be my Otterman PA.

90% Maris 4% Carapils 6% Crystal 60

Hopped with Chinook, Nelson Sauvin & Ahtanum

That or my Riwaka ESB...

Cocko said:
SNPA Clone, I reckon.
Yep, recon I could live with an APA style if need be. No guns involved when VB was the default fridge stuffer.

I'd go one of mine too.
1/2 wheat, 1/2 pale.
Late hopped with something nice.
Fermented with WLP029 German Kolsch.
Best 4 beers I have made so far.

Put the gun down, dickhead. We can brew everyday if you want, twice a day even, something different every time, then drink them all one after another until we're both pissed as maggots, then we can brew again.........oh ******* shoot me now..........

Blind Dog said:
Both much better on tap in their home country than after sitting on a ship for x weeks, never mind the time sitting in a bonded warehouse, trucks, distribution centre, more trucks and finally in your bottle shop. it's enough to make a grown man weep
Blind Dog for PM..

I'm chasing a good recipe for Hop Hog, such a nice beer and definitely my favourite atm, pricey though to buy a carton. Can't wait to visit the states and go on an APA and IPA drinkathon...

Back