If the English Test Team were a beer, what kind of beer would they be?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mje1980 said:
Short memories huh!?
God no. Gotta live for the moment. I mean, if we weren't all cocky and up in their faces about it now, who knows when we'd next get the chance. Damn sure they'd be doing the same. Pip pip.

mje1980 said:
The same beer our team was 2 years ago. Short memories huh!?
Did you not hear the songs the barmy army were singing then? Time to give it back, all in good fun of course.

slcmorro said:
God no. Gotta live for the moment. I mean, if we weren't all cocky and up in their faces about it now, who knows when we'd next get the chance. Damn sure they'd be doing the same. Pip pip.
Yeah live for the moment, you're right. Judging by our previous few ashes campaigns it's been a while since we've been able to :)

goomboogo said:
They lost 4 out of 4 tests in India less than a year ago.
True, but even the best sides can get creamed in India.

I'm not arguing we weren't shite, but the numbers make for interesting reading....if we assume the Aussies win this test, then over the last 5 ashes series it's Australia 12 wins, England 8.

Even if you look at all ashes series since Y2K, it's Australia 21, England 12.

I think this is the kind of beer the English team would be at the moment

beer_spill_1.jpg

Geez, let's hang on for a bit, I'm worried the Aussies are trying to imitate a low alcohol mild....

warra48 said:
Geez, let's hang on for a bit, I'm worried the Aussies are trying to imitate a low alcohol mild....
Nah, end of day two and we have a lead of 300+ with six wickets in hand! Plus our tail can wag. We can brag until we play a good team.

If you use the description that it looks like beer but tastes nothing like beer. It's about right

The English cricket team remind me of an out of date Sierra Nevada pale ale that's been mishandled by a leading retailer - you're told that it's really good and I'm sure it was once, but somehow now it is spineless, underwhelming and really disappointing.

slcmorro said:
Judging by their current performance, and their most recent while on tour in Australia, I'd be inclined to say something like a Corona. Yellow, weak as piss and with a skunky smell.
I don't agree. Corona performs well on a stinking hot day, unlike the English.

Latest posts

Back