Ideas Required...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homekegger1

Reaction score
It has just dawned on me that I haven't thought about a wedding brew. In 5 weeks Itake the walk and would like to have a brew to celebrate with the night before. :party:

At this stage the only brewing I have done is loads of K & K about 8 masterbrews from Grumpy's and one where I tried to boil my own recipe in an attempt to copy the masterbrew style of brewing.

So I put it to you guys for ideas of what I should brew. I keg my beer so I don't need to wait weeks for it to carbonate in a bottle. I look forward to getting a few good recipes.

Cheers and beers

Craig

:chug:

Well done Craig on your upcoming day.

Go the easy route and put down a couple of ESB Fresh Wort kits. The Amber Ale with WLP005 British Ale, and the Summer Wheat with WLP300 Hefeweizen Ale will sure be winners.

Cheers.

Duff,
Great Idea. The Last time I did an ESB fresh wort it was fantastic. And that was with a plain ol' yeast. I took your advice on the Summer Wheat. Being it is a seasonal wort I thought I might as well give it a blast. Dropped it today and it is bubbling away nicely. I will rack it in about a week, then let sit in secondary for about a week, then I will keg and let mature in the keg for about 2 - 3 weeks. Although I would like to drink earlier I will wait. Should I CC or just condition at about 22 degrees? Since I only have one fridge I could pop it in there to CC @ about 4 degrees or just leave in keg @ about 22 degrees. Burped of course.

Cheers

Craig

homekegger1 said:
Duff,
I will rack it in about a week, then let sit in secondary for about a week, then I will keg and let mature in the keg for about 2 - 3 weeks. Although I would like to drink earlier I will wait. Should I CC or just condition at about 22 degrees?

Cheers

Craig
[post="102589"][/post]​

Craig,

No need to let the wheat mature - keg & hook into it... :chug:

i'd cc in the fridge for at least 1 week and carbonate in keg and drink
wheat beers are nice fresh

homekegger1 said:
It has just dawned on me that I haven't thought about a wedding brew. In 5 weeks Itake the walk and would like to have a brew to celebrate with the night before. :party:

At this stage the only brewing I have done is loads of K & K about 8 masterbrews from Grumpy's and one where I tried to boil my own recipe in an attempt to copy the masterbrew style of brewing.

So I put it to you guys for ideas of what I should brew. I keg my beer so I don't need to wait weeks for it to carbonate in a bottle. I look forward to getting a few good recipes.

Cheers and beers

Craig

:chug:
[post="102409"][/post]​

If you want traditional go for a Mead. They were traditionaly served at weddings (mostly for their reported aphrodesiac effects). Something like a Braggot should be ready in 5 weeks.

Latest posts

Back