Ibu Help In Beersmith 2.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchjazz

Reaction score
I am trying to use beersmith 2 for my first extract brew. i am following Dr Smurno's extract recipie. Using Coopers Sparkling Ale 1.75 and Coopers wheat malt extract 1.5kg along with some crystal. My prob is from what beersmith is telling me the EBC is around 46 and very dark. Im guessing this is not correct for a pale ale? (could be wrong). I am using the add on for coopers in beersmith aswell. Any ideas?

I put IBU in the topic.... mistake (EBC)

Also the IBU is high aswell.

If you can wait til tonight I have been working on an ingredient file for the Coopers products in Beersmith. It includes the correct EBC and IBU. Will upload it when I get home.

Probably a dumb question, but it would explain the problems - have you got your Batch Volume right?

Lazy- I checked out that spreadsheet and when I put in the reciepie it says all is good but in beer smith it ain't so...
Keifer - no probs not going to put it down until tommorrow that would be great.
Pyrosx- I think so mate 8 ltr boil - 23 total?
Do you know if wirflock has an expiry I've had some in the fridge for 12 months not sure if I should use it?

If you can wait til tonight I have been working on an ingredient file for the Coopers products in Beersmith. It includes the correct EBC and IBU. Will upload it when I get home.

You sir, are an 'effin champ. BS so needs some kit love :beerbang:

Here we are mate this is just the Thomas Coopers Sparkling Ale can for now to get you up and running.

View attachment Thomas_Coopers___Sparkling_Ale.zip

You sir, are an 'effin champ. BS so needs some kit love :beerbang:

Indeed it does as I still do partials using a kit can everynow and then and have to use a different program to get it working. I realised I have missed of the Thomas Coopers range so will work on it tonight and get it uploading asap. I will start a new topic though.

Back