I Truly Have A Wife Who Understands

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have an understanding wife?

• Yes, I do have an understanding wife.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, But I wish I had an understanding wife.

• I'm single and don't understand the question.

• Sometimes, depending on hormonal mood swings

• Total voters
Yep that's my MO. But have learnt to divert her attention by showing her something small and trivial like "Wow got these new hops honey, see!". Meanwhile the brewery has brew p0rn shoved any where out of sight. She gets suss if I return without nothing and then goes hunting for it. She does have 6th sense though. She doesn't know much about brewing or the equipment involved but I'll be damned to know how see picks up what I bought? "I see you bought a new plate chiller?" I'll get asked. How does she do that when it's un packed, connected, scuffed up a little and boxes/wrapping destroyed? HOW!!!! It takes me 6 months to realise she has new shoes or a handbag FFS?

I get a lot things delivered directly to work, and i keep reciepts for items here at work so they don't accidently ete discovered!!

However, she is quite happy to have the kegerator sitting under the patio, rather than hidden in the garage.

Cheers SJ

I voted understanding.

- She buys me brewing gear for birthday and christmas
- She cleaned out the linen cupboard so I could use it as a fermenting area, as it was the coolest part of the house.
- She authorised $200 on new kegs, even though money is tight ATM
- She doesn't even ask these days when I buy a tea ball at the kitchen shop, or 100 can cooler at Bunnings, just accepts that its probably brewing related.
- She looks after the kids while I brew.
- She understands the whole brewing process, so my ramblings have obviously been listened to at some point.
- She smells and tastes each beer I make so she can give me feedback; and
- She doesn't even drink beer, so she doesn't benefit from brewing except keeping me happy.

Oh, and just remembered, the day my kegerator got delivered I got home from work and she had gone into labour. She still let me head out to the back shed and open the box before I drove to the hospital.

Sometimes has been added to the poll.

Warm Beer my wife doesn't drink beer either in fact she rarely drinks at all, but she understands.

The wife bought my "Starter Kit" 2 years ago for Xmas. I now posess:

3 beer fridges (all with fridgemates)
6 perlick taps
8 Fermenter
13 kegs
gas bottle, regulator, lines etc.
Motorised grain mill
Outdoor 3M benchtop fitted with sink (under the new pergola)
I borrow a still and have plenty of home made spirits

and get this.. she doesn't like to drink anything that I make....

But she does help me lift the full 50L keg etc when required.

She's a GREAT wife!

Oh, and just remembered, the day my kegerator got delivered I got home from work and she had gone into labour. She still let me head out to the back shed and open the box before I drove to the hospital.

PMSL thats awesome!

My wife is a beer drinker except recently when pregnant/breastfeeding. She has given me brewing gear/books for christmas/birthdays and helped me bottling and lifting fermenters etc when my back was crook. She even cracked out the fermenter herself and made a couple of batches of cider. The pregnancy has put her off drinking (obviously!) and for a while she couldn't even smell beer without feeling sick, but she can have a taste now if she times it right with breastfeeding. Sometimes, on a midwife's advice, gets into a Guinness to help keep the breast milk supplies up- sounds crazy but it works very well.

There are also other times when she would rather choke me with a piece of silicon tubing than hear any more about brewing, but I would have to say she is really supportive with my brewing.

Alf

My wife knows that beer/fishing makes me happy and will tollerate both just as long as I spend some time with her

when shopping she will ask "do you need any beer stuff" and has helped with bottleing once or twice

I just tell her that we are saving money each time I brew and as well all know all women love a bargain

Very tolerant and understanding here! As long as house renovations continue to happen also.

This is my favourite hobby obsession!

My wife doesn't drink at all (she tried a Baileys with milk once and passed out). She finds the smell of boiling wort quite offensive and refuses to inhale the lovely aroma of hops.

I brew in the kitchen and store most of my gear in the laundry. The main freezer is my storage for hops and the lounge room (currently in renovation mode) houses my fermentation fridge, grain sacks and bottled beer.

Tolerant - VERY ... understands - NO :)

I've got an extremely understanding wife though she won't clean my brew gear LOL

She will let me brew whenever I please as long as I help with boys, bring in an income, help with the house work, cook, mow the lawn, fix the fence and do all those things a loving husband suppose to be doing.....
I have 3 boys in a way too small house and seeking a new Job while trying to complete tasks what other weren't able to do at work.
So if I don't get to brew this year...... I will make it to the M.A.L.E. meetings with purchased ales only.
Blimey I still need to bottle my brew from November aaaarrrrghh
Maybe I have to reverse to K+K... done it before lol

the missus is generaly supportive until i sample to many of the brews in one sitting, but i cant complain i got 2 brewing books and a mp3 player to listen to B.N podcasts for xmas and a dual tap kegerator for my fiftieth birthday! :icon_cheers:

Anything technical or scientific that is not understood is not allowed in the house............thank god I have a man cave.

:chug:

My wife is sorta understanding regarding my hobby .

She shows particular interest in how much I spend on it .

I have to pay cash and cut down on school books and shoes for the kids to get the stocks I require

pumpy

My wife is sorta understanding regarding my hobby .
She shows particular interest in how much I spend on it .
I have to pay cash and cut down on school books and shoes for the kids to get the stocks I require

pumpy

Pumpy, money and the lack of it is the scourge of the drinking class

:rolleyes:

Very understanding here, bought my original K&K setup for me and has helped load/unload various brewing related gear that I have purchased. :)

Nope.

SWMBO:
- Doesn't drink beer,
- Doesn't "understand" the need to brew,
- Thinks all you guys habitually checking this forum are unrepentant man-children, just like her husband

I have never liked this acronym - SWMBO - its bullshit. I prefer SWTSMBO...

Can you work out the new words I have added?

She Who THINKS SHE MUST Be Obeyed.

You must let them think that they have control and by doing so you wil have it :)

i work away a lot so family time is number #1 on the agenda when I'm home according to the wifey but she still works the schedule so i have time to brew when i'm home, she doesn't even raise an eyebrow anymore when after 10 days away the first place i go to is the fermenting fridge, 2nd the Bar and third wander down to the house.

cheers

Dave

in the same amount physical space a wife takes up, you could easily stack two 60L fermentors?? why would you want a wife??

I have never liked this acronym - SWMBO - its bullshit. I prefer SWTSMBO...

Can you work out the new words I have added?

She Who THINKS SHE MUST Be Obeyed.

You must let them think that they have control and by doing so you wil have it :)

I dont have to obey her - its just easier if i do...

Latest posts

Back