I Truly Have A Wife Who Understands

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have an understanding wife?

• Yes, I do have an understanding wife.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, But I wish I had an understanding wife.

• I'm single and don't understand the question.

• Sometimes, depending on hormonal mood swings

• Total voters

Murcluf

The Mystical Meerkat
Reaction score
Brewed back to back on Saturday and didn't get to clean out my kettle and on Sunday was out and had too many things so I didn't clean it then either. So I when I came home from work last night i had all good intention to do it then. My wife says to me I have a suprise for you and leads me outside to the kettle still sitting on the burner where I left it. Not thinking much of it I pulled the lid to have the interior of the kettle gleaming back at me, i nearly fell over. She hadn't just cleaned it she had scrubbed it removing all the scale off the bottom, she did such a great job it looks better then when i bought it brand new.

Also Christmas and Birthday presents from her include Mash tun, Barley Crusher and 5kg scales to weigh grain

I truly have a wife who understands.... :D

Do you?

I have a partner who's tolerant when I'm at my worst and supportive when I'm at my best despite each portion of the house and garden containing something brewing related.

Mmmm. I need a "Sometimes" option. Depends on what mood she's in. Mostly understanding.

My wife lets me store 6 50L grain bins in the corner of our bedroom as it's the coolest and most stable room in the house. I guess that means she understands, that is, supportive of my brewing ;)

reVox

AS long as I brew a Wit and a Kriek from time to time my wife is very supporting!

My wife lets me store 6 50L grain bins in the corner of our bedroom as it's the coolest and most stable room in the house. I guess that means she understands, that is, supportive of my brewing ;)

reVox

Don't you ever get that feeling that they're watching you? :wub: :lol:

Mmmm. I need a "Sometimes" option. Depends on what mood she's in. Mostly understanding.

+1

She likes me brewing as long as it's in the brewery and not messing up any other parts of the house. She tolerates my obsessive hobby over running most things. I do need a weather vein though so to guage the safety of my being as she can change mood faster than the eye can see.

The only time she really gets her nickers in a knot is when I have brew days and some of the fella's expect to be waited on. Mind you they soon learn the ropes quickly as she isn't backwards in coming forward. :lol: I guess that you get being married to a tradie and his shenanigans for 15yrs?

I'm single because I haven't found a girl who understands.

Yes, that's the ONLY reason.

:blink:

Don't you ever get that feeling that they're watching you? :wub: :lol:

I think that's probably half of the fun!! :ph34r:

Mine supports its so long as i knock out a brew she every now and then, and so long as i'm not spending too much on brewery upgrades! (some times things need to be passed directly from the car boot to the brew shed when she's not looking!)

Cheers SJ

My girlfriend drinks beer, and she likes homebrew. She understands, but she whinges and complains if I ask her to help!

I have a better half that understands. I spend most of my saturdays brewing/kegging/sorting recipes, oh and drinking. I started out with just one fermenter about the time we met, now, like most of us here, I have brewing related gear throughout the house. To top it off, she's ok with me scoring another ferment fridge :D

Nope.

SWMBO:
- Doesn't drink beer,
- Doesn't "understand" the need to brew,
- Thinks all you guys habitually checking this forum are unrepentant man-children, just like her husband

I voted 'Understands' in the sense that she understands I am completely obsessed with this hobby and is happy to include beer related goods in my Christmas/Birthday lists.
She likes a beer occassionally, which is helpful to my cause, but at Murcluf- You are a very lucky man. If I leave my kettle in the laundry sink overnight, the next morning I get a raised eyebrow...she may put it out on the lawn to get rid of that 'Disgusting feet/hop smell' and leave it there. Thats about all the help I get...
Cheers to you mate! :icon_chickcheers:

...(some times things need to be passed directly from the car boot to the brew shed when she's not looking!)

Cheers SJ

Yep that's my MO. But have learnt to divert her attention by showing her something small and trivial like "Wow got these new hops honey, see!". Meanwhile the brewery has brew p0rn shoved any where out of sight. She gets suss if I return without nothing and then goes hunting for it. She does have 6th sense though. She doesn't know much about brewing or the equipment involved but I'll be damned to know how see picks up what I bought? "I see you bought a new plate chiller?" I'll get asked. How does she do that when it's un packed, connected, scuffed up a little and boxes/wrapping destroyed? HOW!!!! It takes me 6 months to realise she has new shoes or a handbag FFS?

reVox

That is pretty impressive!

My missus is supportive. Always wants me to spend more money on getting my kit upgraded - I have to calm her down and explain that its all about the $ and lack there of. Been selling parts from my other hobbies to fund this hobby mostly so getting there slowly.
Definately cant complain about her support though. Shes always in the car when I'm heading to G&G and has come to two brew day demos at G&G and actually got me into brewing originally by taking me to one of those "brew your own" places for christmas a few years back.
As for the chances of her cleaning the brewery though (or keeping grains in the house let alone the bedroom) - I've got no chance of that happening.

yep, mine is supportive. She doesn't drink beer but will always try a new brew and read the style guidelines to give me feedback. Will ask questions about the brewery but I think that is more to make me feel better rather than a genuine interest.

My missus works most Saturdays therefore I brew most Saturdays. She likes the idea I'm saving money on my brewing ;) :p !

Additionally, I have a few mates come over to help.... help drink the beer :chug:

Cheers,

mossy

It takes me 6 months to realise she has new shoes or a handbag FFS?
Same,and then when you ask if they are new you get the "I have had these for ages" line.

My wife is pretty good. Has no problem with me brewing, going to homebrew meetings, taking full kegs to parties.

Saying that it is a two way street. You have to be supportive of them too.

Kabooby :)

Latest posts

Back