I Pushed My Crown Urn A Bit Too Hard Today

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Righto. Is it much of a drama to remove the element?
Elbow grease can only remove the crust from the facing side.

Righto. Is it much of a drama to remove the element?
Elbow grease can only remove the crust from the facing side.
For a chemical free approach if you've got one of those little home steam cleaners it might be worth trying it. The ads on tv show it removing all sorts of crud from stoves & ovens.

I'd only take the element out to replace it if it ever blew. But if you do you'd propably have to replace the washer each time to have piece of mind that it wont leak into the electrics underneath. The fine wire for the temperature probe isn't something you'd want to make a habit of bending too much or often either. Also while it might get the urn clean I don't like the idea of using a gerni to do it. It's the sort of thing that might come back to bite you down the track.

Cheers

If you could burn the charcoal off, that would be the easy solution. Like a self cleaning oven, just burns the stuff into ash. unfortunately those elements wont handle those really high temps without melting or tripping. PBW and 3 hrs at 85 degrees will get it as well....I know iv'e had a similar problem and PBW works.

Back