I Just Returned From The Bottleshop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffo

Reaction score
I made a trip to Warners at the Bay bottleshop to grab some beers to sample this afternoon and this is the result:

IMG_1446.JPG

The selection at WATB just keeps getting better and better.

cliffo

I made a trip to Warners at the Bay bottleshop to grab some beers to sample this afternoon and this is the result:

View attachment 34317

The selection at WATB just keeps getting better and better.

cliffo
My experiences (2) of Mtn Goat is that they are gushers. Have a big glass handy. Let us now how they are going now.

Thanks for the heads up on the Mountain Goat, will keep you posted.

I just had the SNPA and while it was nice I felt a tad underwhelmed by it <ducks for cover> :eek:

Drinking the Budvar at the moment which is always a good drop.

Of the remaining beers I've ony previously had the Hofbrau Dunkel so I am looking forward to trying the others.

cliffo

next time you visit warners grab an ekim brewing co ipa.
A fine drop.
Cheers

next time you visit warners grab an ekim brewing co ipa.
A fine drop.
Cheers

Will add it to the seemingly ever growing list of beers to try :)

mckenry - just opened the IPA and whilst it wasn't a gusher it certainly poured overly heady into the glass.

An okay beer but not one I would regular go back to.

Well judging by the label the Goat IPA is old stock.

Didn't they stop making it a while back?

I Just Returned From The Bottleshop
Me too! Burnside Village Cellars. Not the biggest selection, but I do always seem to find something different.

beers_photo.jpg

Mac's Hop Rocker Pilsner
Mac's Sassy Red Best Bitter
Steam Exchange Truffles Stout
Matilda Bay DogBolter Dark Lager
Unicorn Brewery Classic Pale Ale
Moo Brew Pale Ale

$25 for the lot, cold. The Moo Brew is the only one I've tried, and I reckon the Unicorn is the only other one I've even seen before.

I bought a bottle of the Mac's hop rocker the other day too and also a BOCQ Gauloise Blonde never hear of either.

Have tried both Macks , IMHO they were both very nice, some good beers come from NZ. The Moo Brew, is that the Hefe? ive tried that too, very smooth and easy to drink, a good first up hefe for someone who has not tried the style before..

Enjoy..

Hey OP, let us know what you thought of the TTLA

Hey OP, let us know what you thought of the TTLA

I'm down to the last few mouthfuls of the TTL (saved it till last).

Certainly a great tasting beer though not one I could see myself drinking lots off.

I think it is a little too sweet for my tastes to drink more than 1-2 in a row.

Of the selection I bought, I most prefered the Budvar & Hofbrau Dunkel which are the two I have had on numerous occaisions - I guess you stick with what you like the most.

All in all it was good to try some beers that I had been wanting to try for some time (SNPA & TTL) so I know what they are about.

Now the big decision...what to kick on with from the 4 kegs of HB currently available :)

Here's a collection that I bought from Purvis last week.
Beer_labels_Jan_2010_a.jpg

Let us know if you reckon the White Shield they have at the moment is sub par. I got one from there recently and was quite disappointed.

Me too! Burnside Village Cellars. Not the biggest selection, but I do always seem to find something different.

View attachment 34329

Mac's Hop Rocker Pilsner
Mac's Sassy Red Best Bitter
Steam Exchange Truffles Stout
Matilda Bay DogBolter Dark Lager
Unicorn Brewery Classic Pale Ale
Moo Brew Pale Ale

$25 for the lot, cold. The Moo Brew is the only one I've tried, and I reckon the Unicorn is the only other one I've even seen before.

I tried the Mac's Hop Rocker Pilsner the other day - very nice drop.
This can now be added along side Knapstein as one of very few lagers I will drink.
I actually had the Mac's followed by a Little Creatures Pale Ale - and I have to say the Mac's was the winner - fuller body and mouthfeel, greater bitterness and hoppiness, all round my enjoyable. The beers were quite similar in many ways though.

Let us know if you reckon the White Shield they have at the moment is sub par. I got one from there recently and was quite disappointed.

I got a white shield from Acland St cellars recently. I thought it sucked. Hard. Tasted like a bland English pale.

Also, so everyone knows - Acland st cellars have all those purvis beers but at cheaper prices. I got a case of SN Torpedo for under 90 dollars. It's a 7.2% beer - fantastic value and bottled 2 months ago.

I got a white shield from Acland St cellars recently. I thought it sucked. Hard. Tasted like a bland English pale.

Also, so everyone knows - Acland st cellars have all those purvis beers but at cheaper prices. I got a case of SN Torpedo for under 90 dollars. It's a 7.2% beer - fantastic value and bottled 2 months ago.

I've had it before and loved it to bits. This one was very ordinary. Bought one at another retailer this weekend before I realised they'd be the same shipment. D'oh!

Very unhappy to hear you got that case for $90ish. The two bottles I bought probably cost me something like $16. Still worth it I guess.

Actually, come to think of it, I dunno what I'd do with a whole case. I really only drink commercials for edumacational purposes. Buying the two bottles was pretty out of character to begin with.

Ah ok. Yeah, I'm not good enough at brewing yet. I'll be happy if my IPA comes out tasting like alcoholic hop water haha.

I'm really curious, which rogue XS did you get?

Back