I am getting my brew mojo back.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
Well, after a brewing hiatus caused by a number of factors, my breq mojo is back.

Draged out the old mill so I can make a new stand for it.

Its still looking rather good after about 250 brews.

Solid stainless 50mm rollers in a hardwood frame, fully adjustable. Cant wait

. 2014-06-30 16.02.26.jpg

2014-06-30 16.02.40.jpg
2014-06-30 16.06.18.jpg
2014-06-30 16.07.09.jpg

Unfortunatly the mill is not suitable for cider...so beer it is.

Welcome back to the real world.

I've run out of beer. Being a comp whore I've been running stocks down to free up real estate for the State and hopefully Nats. Now that Bertie the Bucket has arrived and thanks to Tahoose I have two shortened dip tubes so I can ferment small batches in cornies. Getting up early tomorrow and hoping to have a triple brew day. :)

I know what the mojo thing is like, even now I'm shirking off and doing cooking, hanging around AHB etc when I should be out there milling, washing kegs, passivating my new bucket and smacking bitch packs :super:

Bought a carton of Coopers Sparkling just now so that takes the edge off the no beer situation.

You only bought the carton for the yeast.

Might buy some w1728 as it is the perfect weather.

Might make some starters up from it for the other brewers around here.

Share and share alike.

Same with me Stu....first AG in three years this morning.
Cant beat sunrise brewing.
100_2851.JPG
Need to do a few tweaks then back into it.
You'll love it.
Have fun
Cheers
Steve

What is this sunrise you speak of?

might get up tomorrow and check it out, I'll try anything once.

Bribie G said:
What is this sunrise you speak of?

might get up tomorrow and check it out, I'll try anything once.
Best part of the day....means you've survived another one! It was below zero too so a bit nipply!

Mmnnn, same here.

I ran down stocks and only have a few Dry Brown Ales left and some mild I've been too lazy to bottle.

Brewing a little stock and starting comp beers that need more time.

I'm trying to figure out if hoppy beers stored in near freezing conditions will remain hoppy.

Good thing is getting mojo back - I know how you feel DBS. Being a brewer in hiatus isn't fun.

Would hate to think what those rollers would cost to get made today.

They sit in bearings that are recessed into the frame.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
I'm trying to figure out if hoppy beers stored in near freezing conditions will remain hoppy.
:icon_offtopic: Its not that cold in Shearwater mate. Toughen up. It is however a good question regarding hoppy beers though. I would like to know the answer as comp season is upon us and I feel the need to whip yo ass,
And welcome back DBS - There are always times when brewing is a chore rather than a hobby. I find winter the hardest time to brew as I brew outside. And I hate cleaning up afterwards in the cold and rain. (And its nowhere near freezing here yet)

Yeah, not that cold but it's been consistently below 5 degrees at night and my garage (which sits on the dark/southside of the house shrouded in trees) doesn't get much warmer in the day.

Planning hoppy beers is a pain for comps, I'm hoping a shortcut will work.

You will whip my ass, I still haven't nailed my water adjustments here- in BNE I kinda knew what I was working with, wher I haven't brewed a beer I'm really happy with since I've lived in Tas.

Back