I Am A Homebrewer & I Vow Never To.......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...send a dozen beers north by Express Post <_<

never to use tap water for my emmersion chiller again I will use swimming pool water trough it and recycle and if i do enough brews say 2 aday ill have a heated pool LoL
del

Too right bigD so I vow never to let hazy information pass by without doing the best I can to complete it.

I vow to never go fishing on this board again as it is like shooting fish in a barrel. I didn't even bait the hook and they are biting.

I vow to never go fishing on this board again as it is like shooting fish in a barrel. I didn't even bait the hook and they are biting.

fishing.gif
:lol:

... add a few extra teaspoons of sugar into each longneck "just to make it a bit more boozy"

infact all it does is make hand grenades and sticky carpet with shards of glass you just can't
get out of the carpet so you've gotto rip it up
and on that note...
I Am A Homebrewer & I Vow Never To.......

carry a wet glass carboy with wet hands, in a hurry between movies after pitching yeast at temp, through a cramped house with kids toys scattered in walkway.

23L of AG AIPA OG 1.069, having been beer for only 60 seconds, kabloom!
currently dealing with sticky carpet and shards of glass, and a britex carpet cleaning machine.
bugga. lesson learned. and for the record, i was dead sober. yep, there's yer problem :chug:

edit: Just had an idea:
Quick look around the room, and I realized I have 23L of spilled beer (give or take) + 76.6 IBUs of Northern Brewer, Fuggle and Cascade + 2 sachets of Safale US-56 as shown here:
AIPA_2.JPG

(only a small area was snapped- the whole room looks like this)

I've added approx. 10L of boiling water (from my HLT, no less) to the cleaner:
AIPA_1.JPG

Check this out, the beer at high krausen:
AIPA_Krausen.JPG

I reckon I could just about get my immersion chiller into the stainless catch tray, drop it down to 19C, rack to another glass carboy, rack to secondary in 10 days as normal. At bottling, I'll filter the beer for glass and shoot it straight to keg.

What do you reckon?

I vow never to.....

Tell SWMBO how much im "really" spending on this little hobby ;)

I vow never to.....

Tell SWMBO how much im "really" spending on this little hobby ;)

I second that one, well & truly.......in the last 3 weeks I've scored a new mill, 30kg digital scales, new fridge, digital controller, claimed back the deepfreeze to make into a keg fridge as well as having the mashtun upholstered, if she really had any idea how much I was spending I would be very unpopular..... :unsure:

never forget to double check the label on the keg, i just emptied a keg and went to get another and realised that the one i thought i had in the fridge, which should of been the isb golden ale, but it was still sitting out and the one that was in there was the blonde ive been aging and wasnt going to drink till june. oh well it tastes alright so im not fussed im just going to have to do another one soon

You are a bugger Aaron.May your next beer be the best youve ever made so at least the Adelaide brew crew dont laugh at your attempts. ;)

Cheers
Big D

and on that note...
carry a wet glass carboy with wet hands, in a hurry between movies after pitching yeast at temp, through a cramped house with kids toys scattered in walkway.

23L of AG AIPA OG 1.069, having been beer for only 60 seconds, kabloom!
currently dealing with sticky carpet and shards of glass, and a britex carpet cleaning machine.
bugga. lesson learned. and for the record, i was dead sober. yep, there's yer problem :chug:

edit: Just had an idea:
Quick look around the room, and I realized I have 23L of spilled beer (give or take) + 76.6 IBUs of Northern Brewer, Fuggle and Cascade + 2 sachets of Safale US-56 as shown here:
AIPA_2.JPG

(only a small area was snapped- the whole room looks like this)

I've added approx. 10L of boiling water (from my HLT, no less) to the cleaner:
AIPA_1.JPG

AIPA_Krausen.JPG

I reckon I could just about get my immersion chiller into the stainless catch tray, drop it down to 19C, rack to another glass carboy, rack to secondary in 10 days as normal. At bottling, I'll filter the beer for glass and shoot it straight to keg.

What do you reckon?

mmmmm CPA ( carpet pale ale )

Never to leave a strangely named beer from a nation never heard of, untried!
Too many beers out there to stick to the usual stuff.

oh, that and not be taken too seriously.

AIPA_Krausen.JPG

What do you reckon?

Hey reVox, no problem. I think all you'll need to do is run it through a beer filter and all should be fine. That should get rid of all the glass fragments.

BB

For those of us less politically correct could you recommend any small animals that are good to add to beer production?

I'm always willing to try something new.
Cock ale, anyone?
What i want is honesty and integrity and someone who is interested in the hobby of brewing and not just a potential money spinner.
Ha! Hahaha... BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Sorry if I sound a little jaded but... been there, done that. Let me just say that anyone who runs a homebrew shop does so FOR THE LOVE OF IT! I was told when I first started that those who work in the Homebrew Industry will never drive a Ferrari... I will take it one step further and replace the word Ferrari with Datsun! I'm afraid "Homebrew Shop" and "potential money spinner" do not fit well in the same sentence - or paragraph, for that matter.

[/cynic mode]

never to use tap water for my emmersion chiller again I will use swimming pool water trough it and recycle and if i do enough brews say 2 aday ill have a heated pool LoL
del
Brilliant idea!!!

Bulk buy grain and store, say, 6kg of wheat malt in a Pilsner bag and not check the bag for markings.

....lecture a slightly stupid 17 year old waitress on the difference between carbonated and bottle conditioned beers. my mrs will kill me.

stop correcting people that traditional blonde beer isn't 'low carb' beer and that homebrew is lower %alc moonshine that old men make.

Admit to other brewers that I spent all last weekend drinking cheap swill and the weekend before that<_<

woops like I just did. :ph34r:

If thats the case I vow to never be affraid to do what ever the hell I like :lol:

Back