I Am A Homebrewer & I Vow Never To.......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big D...it may be my fair share of amber ale, but I hear you loud and clear.

I'm fortunate enough to live around the corner from Grain and Grape in Melbourne, so I'm not left wanting...but I'm one of the lucky ones.
Unfortunately, for many retailers, it's a matter of the buck before a bargain.

I remember getting horrible advice when I first started out with a Coopers kits on my 21st birthday (almost 10 years ago). I can't repeat what the 'expert' said, but it would keep most of us up at night.

Without hijacking this thread any further, I just thank that there are some QUALITY retailers around...you know who you are ;)

Bloody hell Adamt.Ive just had a re read an i agree with you.I am in the wrong section.Damn friendly neighbours and there bourbon and my drinking coopers pale ale.(BLAME SUIT ON)
Big d slinks back to a corner far far away and shuts the **** up

me over and out

Whoa...can a mod delete like the last 10 posts, it made my brain hurt :ph34r:

Well you fooled someone! *points at bugwan* I thought I was going 'nanas then B)

You want me to delete my grovelling reply to Adamt.
No way

Besides real men work 12 hour days not 10 hour days. ;) :p

Oooooooooooooooooooooookk...

Back on track....

I am a homebrewer and I vow never to post frivolously again.......... ;)

Vow never to bite.
Well maybe now and again ;)

Brew hard and fast
Big d

405-Bullshit.gif

disguise my crap beers with too many hops

assume that any beer from a major label is automatically shite

Well you fooled someone! *points at bugwan* I thought I was going 'nanas then B)
.............! :eek:

Was it the amber, or the ale...? Either way, I'm fooled and foolish.

Over and out!!! ....and sucked in <_< :)

Im am a brewer and I will never stop making beer, tasting beer and learning about beer... :p
though I will have break now and then
146/94 :eek:

disguise my crap beers with too many hops

assume that any beer from a major label is automatically shite

That's a fair one !
I know brewers who believe they can taste all sorts of off flavours in others brews,but their own brews are disguised by bulk additions of hops.

Batz

There is sooo much misinformation for the new brewer that it gets hazy and before you know it we have lost another brewer due to mis information.

Too right bigD so I vow never to let hazy information pass by without doing the best I can to complete it. For example when I see something in this thread like this...

Brew in a bag or no chill.

then I will then add something like this...

I have nothing against this method (Brew in a Bag.) To be honest I know bugger all about it so won't criticise the technique it's self.

and this...

I wouldn't know if it is actually a good way to make beer.

put hops in my pillow at night whilst they smell nice ,they broke open in the bed and jee they are itchy and now the missus has a nasty rash and blames me !!!
pumpy :blink:

Yeah...my missus copped a NASTY RASH and blamed ME too....funny thing is i never put hops in the pillow...go figure huh? B)

... add a few extra teaspoons of sugar into each longneck "just to make it a bit more boozy"

infact all it does is make hand grenades and sticky carpet with shards of glass you just can't
get out of the carpet so you've gotto rip it up and then you loose your bond from your rental,
have no beer to drink and no money to brew beer all because an "experienced" homebrewer
said it would be a good idea :blink: (tho that was years ago)

more... Here is a piccy i've dug up of the room in question in which i thought it would be a good idea to rip up the carpet up after a massive explosion

DSCF0015.JPG

it also took out some of the windows!

and here's the left over bottles i had to dis-arm...

sadday.jpg

the explosions were soo loud in the next room they woke me and SWMBO up and she made me call the police cause she though someone was breaking in!

Rob.

Latest posts

Back