Hyperthetical ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aghh,bloody hell quincy! here i am going ag after years of kits and you throw a spanner in the works with kegging. this means i now am going to suss kegging out as well!!!! nah just joking a mate kegs his own, well used to, and i would recommend it . it is another step but the results are well worth it. cheers.

my next big purchase will be a keg system 4sure.........but with xmas just around the corner it wont be till next year.....or I could buy the kids one :ph34r:

I say go all grain.......................right after you've bought your keg system :p

Hey - it's only money!

- Snow

Go the kegs. I managed to get a single tap, three keg setup for $400, by buying bits from ebay, as well as GMK and Darren from this great site. Could not be happier. Nothing better than getting home, sitting out the back, with a pint of delicious.

Cheers,
Jase

BTW, I may have an andale, with fridge extension, beer line, splice and liquid disconnect, for sale around Christmas time, just trying to find the time to build the bar.

OK. Keg it is !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now what did I do with that "lazy" $500 ???

The ball is rolling -

prices from GMK in hand.

Andale etc from Jase.

HELP - Somebody stop me !!

My tip is get all your liquid and gas disconnects and beer line direct from Andale. It'll be way cheaper than most other sources (although maybe check out Lancer Pacific, too). GMK or e-bay for your taps, fount, reg and drip tray. Fire extinguisher place for your gas bottle. Kegs....depends. If you are willing to wait, get them from RCB in the US, or E-bay. Otherwise, shop aroung at HBSs.

Cheers - Snow

Thanks Snow.

I have started to look for kegs locally and the best I can do so far is $80 ea. Sounds fair ?????

Andale is just around the corner from work so a lunch time visit is in order.

$80 is what I've paid for my kegs. I have seen them for $70 but hard to find.

Quincy

Snow gives good advice on suppliers. It's a lot cheaper to source it yourself. If you have time to wait 8-10 months I can highly recommend RCD aka Brewers Discount in the US. You can buy kegs, disconnects, taps etc really cheap through them. Then just buy a regulator, CO2 bottle (2nd hand fire extinguisher) and beer line in OZ.

2 kegs, a set of disconnects, and tap with shank (to fit a fridge) would cost about $180 delivered to your door. Regulators can be bought new for $75-$85 and a 2nd hand fire extinguisher for $100-$150.

So all up it might work out to as little as $350-$400.

This will leave you $100 to start an AG system.

Cheers
MAH

quincy said:
Thanks Snow.

I have started to look for kegs locally and the best I can do so far is $80 ea. Sounds fair ?????

Andale is just around the corner from work so a lunch time visit is in order.

Quincy,

Where are you located at?

Craig Deacon from Keg Systems charges $70 for kegs. He is expecting a delivery in about 4-6 weeks.

Cheers,
Jase

Jase

I'm in Sydney. I work just around the corner from Keg Systems. I rang them this morning and they said they will receive a shipment after cristmas as u suggest.

He quoted me $88 ea???

His prices must have increased.

You can always get kegs from brewers discount in the states, they work out about 50 odd dollars (Aussie) if you buy a few. You can also get disconnects as well.

Cheers,
Jase

Well here's the deal for fellow would be keggers.

After a few hours of ringing around etc I can't find anyone with kegs in stock (in sydney anyway).

They must be all waiting for the same ship to arrive 'cause they all say the same thing - "4-6 weeks".

The average price seems to $80-$90.

As for the other bits and pieces (reg, taps, disconnects etc etc) seem easy enough to get. Just need to shop around a bit for the best prices.

GMK's prices are pretty good.

Sorry .....I bought 2 from Andale at beaconsfield $77 inc GST each. I think that cleaned him out.... did you try Neil at "The Brew Shop" at Riverwood??? he had about 6 -8 when i grabbed 2 from him 2-3 weeks ago(same price)

Latest posts

Back