Hydrometers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chances are that Coopers get their hydrometers from China. So, check Aliexpress.

I bought two from clever brewing for 9.95 each, I saw that in Big W the other night but no idea whats in the box!! I'm being extra careful with this one but I have the spare just in case :huh:

Brigalow ones are glass... popped my hydrometer breaking cherry with one of those! Good for measuring FG samples because they only go up to 1.040, so are nice and short, less beer wastage!

I have a Coopers one (arrived last week in one of their new kits). Yes, it's plastic, and 6 points in error! It's going real cheap...

Coopers hydrometer.jpg

evoo4u said:
I have a Coopers one (arrived last week in one of their new kits). Yes, it's plastic, and 6 points in error! It's going real cheap...

attachicon.gif
Coopers hydrometer.jpg
It can be 'calibrated' by cutting off some of the red skinny bit at the top just don't cut to much off.

I think there is a thread on the coopers forum with instructions on how to do it.

Back