How's your Christmas beer drinking and eating weather?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Almost perfect 24 degrees here with slight overcast - the heatwave down in Mexico has slipped out to sea and didn't affect us up here. Might drag a doonah out tonight.

Great goat curry eatin' weather forecast for tomorrow :chug:

Heading to North-Central Victoria 1st thing tomorrow morning. Predictions are 32+C & dry. Perfect beer-drinking weather (considering I'm expected to shovel a trailer-load of soil onto the veggie patch before I can even begin to relax!!).

It's fn hot here, but that's ok, as long as it's not cold. :beerdrink:

Christmas Day 12-20 deg. 80% chance of rain 1-5mm.
Great day for a cook up and beers

Ironically I have just finished fire duty today and I have the fire going in the house as only 15 deg.
Got to love the diversity in Australia

Cheers
Chris

TasChris said:
Christmas Day 12-20 deg. 80% chance of rain 1-5mm.
Great day for a cook up and beers

Ironically I have just finished fire duty today and I have the fire going in the house as only 15 deg.
Got to love the diversity in Australia

Cheers
Chris
You should move up the coast a bit. A balmy 20ish sitting here in the bar.
Working tomorrow mormning, Drop me a beer off about 0730 please.
Cheers
LB

We are in for a cool one tomorrow - only 30C and sunny ...... A nice cool change.
Enjoy
Cheers
BBB

Pretty mild in the Dandenong Ranges, which is great after the muggy weekend.

Wet and thirsty on the surf coast Vicco. That'll do.

Merry Xmas

Linford

Got bronchitis on day 3 of my 14-day Christmas break, on antibiotics so can't drink, trying veeeeerrrrryyyy hard to be philosophical about it and not throw a wobbly. And the weather's going to be beautiful down here on Philip Island. Craptastic. So y'all have to drink my share. Thanks in advance

Don't take your antibiotics tomorrow Mardoo !!!….

...I know it doesn't work like that…..sorry mate.

Same area as idzy for me.
Nice day tomorrow, seafood and brews.

Merry Christmas all.

That is tough Mardoo. If it makes you feel any better I'm in London for a nice 4 degree Christmas, staying at a hostel with mates tonight and tomorrow night as well!

30 *c and citra pale ale. Doesn't get much better than that.

Mardoo said:
Got bronchitis on day 3 of my 14-day Christmas break, on antibiotics so can't drink, trying veeeeerrrrryyyy hard to be philosophical about it and not throw a wobbly. And the weather's going to be beautiful down here on Philip Island. Craptastic. So y'all have to drink my share. Thanks in advance
Which ones are you taking? Googlewebs tell me to drink away unless you are taking certain antibiotics. https://theconversation.com/mondays-medical-myth-you-cant-mix-antibiotics-with-alcohol-4407

There are only three antibiotics that realistically carry a risk of the nasty 'fainting and vomiting' reaction (the so-called 'disulfiram reaction') when combined with alcohol. They go by the catchy names of metronidazole, tinidizole and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole. But they are marketed under many different brand names – the most familiar being Flagyl, Fasigyn and Bactrim respectively.

Hopefully it's none of the above so you can get stuck in!

Forecasted 31' here in Perth tomorrow, but slightly inland in the Hood it can get a bit warmer.

Two chooks will be dry rubbed and sacrificed to the Weber God. Unfortunately, no smoke allowed on the birds, but I have some snaggers and tomatoes to smoke afterwards.
ESB, APA, Bock and some case swap beers to peruse.

Merry Christmas!

hot around 30 with a threat of a little rain but thats the norm for a brissy christmas

16-31 here in Perth. A typical summers day. Perfect for BBQ and beer. Merry Xmas AHB'ers

Latest posts

Back