How To Use 50lt Keg To Brew With

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crackers you would make a great plumber thingy

batz
the plumbing shop i went to had everyting laid out in trays down isles.
i just spend half hour going through some stuff unitl i found what i though would work.
the guy behind the counter seem to think i knew my stuff..ha ha.. had him fooled.

crackers

i know its a bit late, but damn im proud of myself. with no other interruptions i shoudl give it a test run tomorrow!!

lauterrig1.jpg

not the clearest pics in the world but heres another angle.

dont know if you can tell, but i drilled holes through the copper instead of hack-sawing half way through. hope it doesnt clog too easily.

lauterrig2.jpg

Joecast
Nice work. Not that I know anything about it. Do the holes go all the way through the pipe and would it be less likely to clog if installed upside down? Are you going to be insulating the tun and leaving it or direct heating and stirring for the mash?

GL,
the holes are drilled right through so there is one on each side of the pipe. hopefully this will help reduce the chance of a stuck sparge.
dont have anything top insulate with so i will have to apply heat as needed. this shouldnt be a problem now with my not-even-out-of-the-box-yet three ring cast iron burner!!
joe

Latest posts

Back