How To Upload Pics Direct From Iphone/ipad

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pk.sax

RIP bum
Reaction score
Someone asked recently so posting here so someone might find it by search.

Download the photobucket app. Have an account there.
Upload pics to the photobucket account through the app, or take pics through it and when you click info on the pic it gives you a choice of links, including a pre img tag wrapped one, click to copy and paste in here.

IK, sounds a few steps. It's actually> open photobucket instead of camera app, take pic (or upload existing), click on library and choose the pic, click info, click on code, go back to safari and paste straight into the fast reply. Actually, fewer steps than uploading to the forum.

Works for any forum using bb tags or use the other codes for the other ones.

Or just attach the file from your device directly in the post (Add Reply, not Fast reply).

Either/or.

Http browser doesn't read the local picture library as a local disc. No option to add directly. Hence the workaround.
I don't know the technology behind it though so might've missed something.

Precisely what I do... And I'll confirm that (afaik) you can't upload direct off the iPhone.
Pretty easy using photobucket.

Precisely what I do... And I'll confirm that (afaik) you can't upload direct off the iPhone.
Pretty easy using photobucket.
so what, you can't do a drag/drop or copy/paste onto your drive and upload from there?
I don't speak iphone, so it sounds like something's lacking there.

If you don't have a photobucket account - use an app such as "Picup" - which uploads the image to imgur.com and gives you the URL. No login or signup required.

I already have Photobucket and there's a free Photobucket app (evilPhone or Android) you can get off the site to link straight into your existing albums, then use the image code to paste to your posts if that's what you want.

I've been reading up on this prior to getting a smartphone soon. B)

What I really want is an app that also does cropping.

Currently, I have to do the cropping in the photoshop app and then upload it with photobucket.
The native image editing in the iPhone doesn't seem to save! The other apps still pickup the original picture. PITA.
Would be awesome if the photobucket app had a cropping function. If anyone knows of an all in one, be great to hear :)

Thanks for the tip PF. I have an Iphone and was yet to find a way to upload direct from my phone to here.

Cant do it on my Flickr account.

My soon to arrive Samsung Note if you are prepared to learn Thai :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah! My stupid fone says it cropped it and shows it cropped! Dam lyingconnivingsonofanapple!!

Back