How to Post Beer Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyo

No Chillin' Like a Villain.
Reaction score
I read quite a bit about people wanting to know the best way to post beer across this great land.

Well, this is how I've been doing it for a couple of years now, and it works great. These are for LRG- he gets two bottles as I'm a couple of months late with the Xmas in July. :p

Take a piece of 90mm storm water pipe (I scab a some off cuts from building sites once a year) and cut it so that you've got about 4 cm or so over the length of your bottle. Each piece only weighs about 100 gms. It has to be storm water, as the high pressure PVC pipe weighs too much.

Znovlfhl.jpg

Tape one end, and stuff a sheet of newspaper to the bottom.

hgzGcStl.jpg

Chuck the bottle in and stuff a sheet of newspaper on top, then tape that end.

sm5p5ZQl.jpg

This is great for PET and glass.
Final combined weight for two PET is just over 2kg, so you can post two of these in a 3kg post bag. Two glass longnecks just scrape in under 3kg.

Cheers!

5RlrwFGl.jpg

Sweet! I'm running low on beer!

I've seen a variety of methods used this time.

I just chucked plastic bottles in the post pack (once I saw it was all good from the bottles sent to me).

Glass ones are obviously a little more fragile, but I've seen many ways. The thing is - the post bags are either 500g or up to 3kg, so if you need 'padding' or like jyo's idea - you've got plenty of room to move with 2 bottles.

I have used the Australia post wine boxes for tallies but it is expensive. About $18 from Townsville QLD to Newcastle NSW.

You can also get the Auspost document / map cylinders and cut them down.
I sent my single Nationals entry down in a wine box, it was PET and was $11.95 to Canberra.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Sweet! I'm running low on beer!

I've seen a variety of methods used this time.

I just chucked plastic bottles in the post pack (once I saw it was all good from the bottles sent to me).

Glass ones are obviously a little more fragile, but I've seen many ways. The thing is - the post bags are either 500g or up to 3kg, so if you need 'padding' or like jyo's idea - you've got plenty of room to move with 2 bottles.
Please tell me you've received mine, Raj ?? You should have by now.

Nice work, JYO. I don't know how much use the 'this way up' sign is though. The package will obviously be in all sorts of postions en route.

Danwood said:
Nice work, JYO. I don't know how much use the 'this way up' sign is though. The package will obviously be in all sorts of postions en route.
I know, mate, it's pretty pointless really. My OCD tells me to do it :)

Latest posts

Back