How To Open A Beer With Only Paper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzafish

Reaction score
This is an ok party trick

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran out of brew, so i bought some hahn premium, will give it a go tonite

I am suspicious. The first attempt just tears and misshapes the paper as you would expect. As he tries to adjust it he takes his hands out of the screen momentarily and this would be an ideal point to switch to another wad of paper with say a nail in it. This is the basis of many a magic trick!

I may be wrong, but i am suspicious. I am happy to be proved wrong however as I hate it when I find myself at a BBQ needing an opener and all I have is a crisp A4 sheet of paper.

He does however hold the paper much closer to the end in the second attemp.

(BTW What are those two things lieing at the top right of the cutting board???)

ATOMT

Surely it would be easier to just use the edge of a bench or any hard surface. Hook the cap on the edge, push down on the lid and you're somehow related to Robert.

the guy obviously wasnt thirsty he spent ages folding that paper up !!!

My first attempt failed, by the paper getting all torn up. But I was oh so desperate for another drink, and I tried again. Second attempt was successfull :beerbang: Yes it does work, though why bother with all the effort, it's easier to just use a bottle opener. Hell, I'm more likely to have a bottle opener lying around the place than a spare piece of A4 paper (though imagine if you could market A4 bottle opener kits).

Cheers :)

My first attempt failed, by the paper getting all torn up. But I was oh so desperate for another drink, and I tried again. Second attempt was successfull :beerbang: Yes it does work, though why bother with all the effort, it's easier to just use a bottle opener. Hell, I'm more likely to have a bottle opener lying around the place than a spare piece of A4 paper (though imagine if you could market A4 bottle opener kits).

Cheers :)

I stand corrected :blink:

ATOMT

um, pretty sure the youtube guy faked it, have a look at the vid at 1:32, you can see what looks like a coin there

Latest posts

Back