How To: Modify A Marga Mill.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 30 mins for me to do 9kg. Slow but not that bad.

Warren -

Some nicer looking marga's in this thread than mine, I didn't even do the drilling mod, just duct tapped it in the right spot and made the slot in the hopper bigger and extended it with a cardboard box. Also made a shute etc.
That bunnings drain parts hopper is awesome though, oneday...........

Mine works wonderfully and would have done at least a half a tonne with it like this. I run it pretty fast with a drill and spade bit on a chair next to it.

The beast :lol:

mill012.jpg

Ahhh if I had a dollar for each time the name B*nnings gets free advertising on this site...

Can somebody shed a little more light on the dyna bolt mod for me please? Any pics would be greatfully accepted.

I just went to a hardware store and bought a dyna bolt that fitted into the slot ( I bought two sizes because I wasn't sure which one to get...should have measured). The dnya bolt just slots into the hole and the first turn locks it, and then the drill turns the rollers.

I took delivery of mine last night and I'll be modifying it over the coming weekend.

I'm going to use the existing hopper as the base for my 'real' hopper. What is the best way to widen the slot to the full width of the rollers? I'm worried that if I just attack it with a hacksaw, the whole thing might shatter.

I took delivery of mine last night and I'll be modifying it over the coming weekend.

I'm going to use the existing hopper as the base for my 'real' hopper. What is the best way to widen the slot to the full width of the rollers? I'm worried that if I just attack it with a hacksaw, the whole thing might shatter.

it wont shatter....I drilled 15 or so little holes in a line first and then went to it with a hacksaw.
Cheers
Steve

Edit....and then file off the burr bits.

G'day,
Ive got a pasta maker imperia or somthing like that and the motor from it fits the mill. Works great , but i cant see the point of buying one if your not gunna use it on a pasta maker too.

Cheers
Rich

Heres a photo of what I have done to my Marga Mill.
It is svery simple and cheap to make and has done over 50 brews already.
A 12 volt car battery charger runs the drill or I can disconect the wire in the base and use the original battery.
I used the original hopper and filed the slot longer and extended it with carboard.

074.JPG

About 30 mins for me to do 9kg. Slow but not that bad.

Warren -

your doing it wrong!

finally fired yours up today mate and we crushed 15kg in about 15-20 mins. fantastic little mill for what they are, was set pretty fine though had to adjust it out. well worth the $70 though, cheers bloke.

your doing it wrong!

finally fired yours up today mate and we crushed 15kg in about 15-20 mins. fantastic little mill for what they are, was set pretty fine though had to adjust it out. well worth the $70 though, cheers bloke.

Great to hear you've entered freshly cracked heaven dude!
:icon_cheers:

Good work
Q

Heres a photo of what I have done to my Marga Mill.
It is svery simple and cheap to make and has done over 50 brews already.
A 12 volt car battery charger runs the drill or I can disconect the wire in the base and use the original battery.
I used the original hopper and filed the slot longer and extended it with carboard.

View attachment 17112

How does your drill interface with the mill?

Hey top results Fents... You'll get the old girl off side hammering her that hard though. :lol:

Warren -

Hey top results Fents... You'll get the old girl off side hammering her that hard though. :lol:

Warren -

only the strongest survive in my brewry ;) passed 15kg's through it like it was childs play.

I see Ross already has a pic in here but I'm past the point of no return. Here is my hopper. Rainwater deflector and a Square-to-round cost me about $20 this morning.

Hopper.jpg

Latest posts

Back